PDA

View Full Version : To get Blood Tests or not...

MarkJames3
27-03-14, 15:11
I am having a bout of just general health anxiety at the moment, nothing in particular I am worried about just lots of niggly little things…

I do feel tired a lot but don't know if thats down to the stresses of life, having a 2 year old and changing jobs.

I haven't had blood tests for 5 years nearly and my mind is now wondering should I get some done for peace of mind although it will elevate my anxiety loads for a week or so….

I have been to the docs so much recently about different things and they have never once ordered blood tests but I just have that doubt in my mind and think my mind won't settle until I have had some done.

Problem is I probably would have to go private for ease and quickness to get it over with….

Frankie123
27-03-14, 15:50
This is always a difficult question, however, although I have increased anxiety waiting for the results of tests, once they come back and are nearly always normal, then the sense of relief is wonderful. I don't think you will stop worrying until you have them.

almamatters
27-03-14, 15:57
While I can see your point about reassurance and having tests, I am inclined to say that if your doctor thought you needed these tests then I am sure they would do them for you. This is just my opinion though and if it makes you feel better then have them done.

cartwheels
27-03-14, 19:23
This the same as me, on the outside I look a picture of health but lots of silly things have increased my h/a. And I went to the docs this week and asked if I could have some as in my own mind if I get a all clear I could stop my brain running wild. He said I don't need any but book a general man health check. So that's it for me. So maybe your doctor knows you better then you think. Have to say I wish he had ordered me to get a full mot. Can't see the general health check doing my brain any favours

mummyanxious
27-03-14, 19:31
The only thing I will add is that everything is computerised now so you can literally get your results near enough next day, sometimes same day!

Phuzella
27-03-14, 19:56
Its good to have blood tests every so often in my opinion

MarkJames3
27-03-14, 20:28
I have booked in for a Bupa Essential Healthcheck… I think I need it hopefully things will come back normal, I will have it all written down and now whirling around in my head and can hopefully use it as a base to move on from.

On the other hand booking the test and now actually having to go has peaked my anxiety with me thinking what if something does come back dodgy, how will I deal with it… would I rather not know etc.

I know people who go years and years without blood tests…

My appointment is tomorrow at 3pm 60 minute health check…
Hopefully get most of the results tomorrow or after the weekend…. agggh so nervous even though docs think I am fine.