PDA

View Full Version : the worst i have ever been

iainm
27-03-14, 16:19
my health anx went through the roof on Saturday I had a feeling of something stuck in my chest which was causing me to vomit along with the usual bad anx symptoms chest pain arm pain teeth pain jaw pain sweating and horrendous fear ended up at a+e had ecg etc all clear anx was the cause I was told , on Monday same symptoms called ambulance taken to hospital same outcome told anxiety , Tuesday felt even worse phoned 111 they sent another ambulance taken to hospital again same outcome all tests clear , my ha has no control im convinced im dying I feel so ill but nothing is wrong with me my ha starts from when I wake to when I go to sleep im consumed by fear all day everyday im so fed up of it I also have horrendous reflux which is causing a lot of problems. I just needed to get that rant out cos im so down and miserable I wanna enjoy life again I wanna work again, anx is so bad I had to leave my job years ago cos of the number of pa I was having my anx is really severe as was told by counsellor so sometimes I feel as if im the only sufferer which I know is wrong but its a really lonely illness.

RoseEve
27-03-14, 16:23
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. We all hit bottom. The good news is that it will pass. Have you tried medication? When I hit bottom I took Zoloft and it helped me come out of it.:hugs:

iainm
27-03-14, 16:28
been on meds for 6 years I have panic disorder but also have full blown ha just finding the symptoms so hard to cope with my mind used to run wild maybe twice a month now its constant im stuck in the house nearly all day consumed by intense fear its horrible, but ty for ur quick reply xxxx

mummyanxious
27-03-14, 16:30
I really do feel for you as I feel very similar apart from the fact I haven't carted myself off to hospital yet. I feel like death most days. So unbearably tired and ill.
What have you tried so far for your anxiety as you don't say?

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Oops cross post

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Have they not considered different meds as clearly thru can't be helping you much :( what r u taking?

iainm
27-03-14, 16:57
I take mirtazapine 45mg I have tried nearly every other med they didn't work used to take diazepam but that was stopped

mummyanxious
27-03-14, 17:15
I don't really know a lot about meds but thought that was supposed to work quite well for this kind if thing :(
Have you had counselling or cbt type therapy?

iainm
27-03-14, 17:17
I have had loads of cbt just waiting on another course of it heres hoping xxxx

mummyanxious
27-03-14, 17:32
All your tummy problems is probably down to your reflux. Are you taking meds for it?

PanicWHU
27-03-14, 17:36
I have had the exact same thing if you read some of my posts. Been having really bad reflux for about 5 weeks now, struggle to even keep water down at times. Been referred to a gastro person but been told its anxiety. I went to A&E yesterday and had all the tests and to,d it's anxiety. It's horrible as it seems to bring so many physical symptoms

iainm
27-03-14, 17:53
iam taking a ppi and peptac liquid

Freaked
27-03-14, 21:20
Right there with you. Lost count of hospital trips the last few weeks.

iainm
27-03-14, 23:18
ty for the reply, panicwchu ,are symptoms sound similar only problem im having is I cant control my mind with these symptoms I feel like im dying all the time and that there is something wrong but docs are using anx as a excuse I feel really out of it and unreal dizzy and sore ears aswell as other things I mentioned what little normality I had has now gone but I will plough on as usual xxx

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

ty freaked it sounds odd to say ty that someone else is suffering this but u know wht I mean just nice to hear not the only one xxx

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

ty mummy a I have read all ur posts and I can c we both struggle with believing we are ok when are minds and bodys say otherwise xxxx

mummyanxious
28-03-14, 02:39
It's so very hard but we'll get there. Perseverance. Oddly interesting how a vomiting child in the middle of the night takes your mind of things too ;(