PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating In leg

PANIC247
27-03-14, 20:34
Hey everyone. So new day new symptom! Recently I've been getting ALOT of muscle twitching. Yesterday however I began to notice a "vibrating"/"purring" sensation in my left leg near my shin. It's not as strong as a phone vibration it's actually quite faint and I notice it when I'm laying / sitting down. It's come back again this evening. I made the mistake of googling and yep first thing that came up was MS. I have just about got over brain tumour health anxiety and not it's the MS. I'm really worried :( someone please help

ankietyjoe
27-03-14, 20:49
I have this on and off, it's quite common.

I also have a crawling sensation sometimes where it feel like insects are under my skin, usually around the shin area.

It's just nerve endings firing due to anxiety.

PANIC247
27-03-14, 21:16
I have heard it could be down to anxiety but the problem is I don't feel very anxious / stressed at the moment. The past month I have been but I thought I was on the road to recovery until this started yesterday.

Amandadvm60
31-03-14, 00:03
Hi ya I get strange pulses above my knee, ankle., top of arm and shoulder. Weird I know but I just say its another symptom

PANIC247
31-03-14, 00:21
I'm trying to assure myself it's just another symptom of anxiety aswell but it's been pretty difficult lol

RoseEve
31-03-14, 00:53
My leg is where I get it mostly. For me it's behind the knee. I don't always get it when I'm anxious either.

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-14, 02:08
Ive had them in the back of my head, arms, legs, etc. You can get them by applying pressure to where you have nerves e.g. when you put pressure on your arm or elbow against an object for too long.

PANIC247
31-03-14, 07:41
Ive had them in the back of my head, arms, legs, etc. You can get them by applying pressure to where you have nerves e.g. when you put pressure on your arm or elbow against an object for too long.

Strange mine seen to happen in my leg when I'm rested. ( sitting / laying down )

RoseEve
31-03-14, 10:43
I get them at rest too. Last night I thought my left leg would vibrate out if the bed. I really think it's very fine muscle twitches.

PANIC247
31-03-14, 14:39
Hey RoseEve thanks for taking the time to comment again. I have booked an appointment with my doctor today (shes probably sick of me ) i think i need to accept it most probably is anxiety!

RoseEve
31-03-14, 15:48
Ok try not to be nervous I asked 2 docs and they told me it's good old anxiety.

worried in wales
05-04-14, 15:26
Hi - Try not to worry - it is most likely anxiety. I have suffered from muscle twitches, vibrating sensations and body jerks for the last 5 months. My Doctor has said it is a common anxiety symptom.

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-14, 02:31
Strange mine seen to happen in my leg when I'm rested. ( sitting / laying down )

They occur less often when your anxiety gets better. SE's from starting anti depressants can also make they occor more or to a greater intensity.