PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy zaps and eyes drifting... Fed up

fedup36
27-03-14, 21:00
Hi All,

Well on the whole I am improving which is down to some great integrative therapy. However the past few days my zaps seem to of come back.
No I know not many on here have medical qualifications but was hoping some one may be able to help.

I have tried to write down what happens when I have my zaps as they are over so quickly I always forget when trying to explain it to the doctor.

What happens is my eyes almost drift off for a split second then flicker for literally a second this then makes me feel like I am almost dropping and I end up getting an electric sensation through both my hands where they tingle. This whole 'zap' happens in about 3 seconds the duration has never increased and tends to happen when I am on the computer.

I don't know whether its some sort of seizure or what it is but its doing my nut in and feels really unpleasant and rather scary :(

LunaLiuna
27-03-14, 21:07
When this 'zap' happens where does it come from?

Recently I've had a similar thing whilst running, my psychologist says it's a heightened awareness of the muscles but I'm not sure.

It's seems to start down the backs of my arms.

fedup36
27-03-14, 21:11
It comes from the back of my neck and travels down my arms... It feels more like a "deep wave" which then leads to the tingly feeling....

LunaLiuna
27-03-14, 21:38
Like the top of the neck? If so mine seems to start there aswell. I've been getting it for around 3-4 weeks now, it only seems to come on whilst running and when I expect it. I never thought of comparing it to your zaps even though I've read many of your posts about it in the past. I'm sure it's something muscular as it seems to come from them..

fedup36
27-03-14, 21:46
Yeah I would say at the top... It's proper weird and I really don't like it :(
I've been having bloodie chest pains all day, moving backwards at the moment and its rubbish :(

LunaLiuna
27-03-14, 21:52
Do you have a lot of tension around the upper body? Like neck shoulders etc. I do and I'm sure it's something to do with that but I don't know what it could be, to be honest the feelings down the backs of my arms doesn't bother me it's just the eye thing which is virtually impossible to explain, it's kinda like when you fall asleep in a car and you jolt back awake, except your eyes don't close. Explaining it that way doesn't really sound right but ohwell :doh: