PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about a personal thing..:( Thrush?

Mark801
28-03-14, 05:05
Hey guys,

So long story short, for the past day, I noticed that I've been having itching on both sides on the shaft. There's nothing on the head, however, when I pull back, the skin on both sides seems irritated and it itches.

Also, the right side has these 4 lesions that are a bit dark in color. The skin seems like it's cracked or indented.

The honest truth is that I'm 24 and a virgin. I've never had any type of sex yet with anyone.

As far as masturbation goes, I either use or don't use lubricant. I'm beyond terrified that I could have an STD or cancer :ohmy::weep:

I don't know what to think or believe and I'm scared to go the the doc or tell anyone.

Has anyone ever had a similar issue? I'm really desperate for some advice and haven't been able to sleep because of this.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I do sweat down there and I don't know if that could be a reason to. There's times in the morning when I wake up and my boxers are wet in the area from sweat.

MyNameIsTerry
28-03-14, 06:46
Hi Mark,

Lesions can be caused by something done to that area that causes damage. I can think of some obvious possibilities there, whether or not with a partner.

Itching is a sign of healing if you cut or bruised an area.

So, perhaps it's some damage you have done and it's just healing.

You can rub yourself in those areas with clothing or even in your sleep and excess sweat will probably irritate it.

Itchiness in the groin isn't neccessarily anything to worry about. It's pretty common where you have folds of skin rubbing together which for men means the undercarriage is bound to itch. I know mine does, so I started shaving that area which helps but then you get the obvious extra itching on the new growth day!

You could try bathing it in warm water to see if it helps to heal it. Usually warm salt water, the old fashioned way, is the best for things like this. Just not too hot and if you have open cuts I would try it without salt at first to be sure it doesn't sting too much. Tight underwear might make it worse for a day or two but it's no biggie.

If you want to know for sure, you really need to see a doctor. Honestly, they won't think anything strange as they see everything in their line of work but I can understand your embarrassment especially for a young guy. Honestly, asking for help in that area from your doctor is nothing to be embarrassed about.

We all sweat down there, just some guys more than others. Women do too and may be just as embarrassed about it and you will come to know that when you do start having those types of relationships. If anything, women worry far more than us guys do. Sexual intercourse can also cause guys to itch as we can be irritated by the vaginal fluids as well as the rubbing.

Anxious_gal
28-03-14, 07:05
Well if keeping the area clean isn't helping. Go buy some Canesteen cream/ thrush cream.

Or perhaps see your doctor, it does sound like some type of fungal infection but it might be good to have your doctor take a look.