PDA

View Full Version : Alzheimer’s?

Darren1
28-03-14, 14:43
Why oh why do i google? I've been so good for months and the last two days i cant stop myself.

I have a terrible cold but also noticed that i have lost my taste - so i just did a quick google and saw that it's an early symptom of Alzheimer’s in 20 years time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2093098/A-cold-left-unable-smell-taste-TWO-years--Would-I-enjoy-aroma-roast-chicken-flowers-again.html

LunaLiuna
28-03-14, 14:48
Is loss of taste in relation to a cold an early sign of Alzheimer's, or is loss of taste on it's own related to Alzheimers?

If your going to Google look somewhere else rather than the daily fail ;)

Phuzella
28-03-14, 15:59
Colds always affect your sense of taste. And don't sit around for the next 20 years waiting for Alzheimer's to show up:)

ray52
28-03-14, 21:15
My mother is in a home with Alzheimer's I have been with her from the start and a taste problem wasn't one her problems. I wouldn't believe everything you read in the papers sorry

Jonesle
28-03-14, 21:22
Is loss of taste in relation to a cold an early sign of Alzheimer's, or is loss of taste on it's own related to Alzheimers?

If your going to Google look somewhere else rather than the daily fail ;)

Lol daily fail *amused*

Tanner40
28-03-14, 21:38
Why worry about something that "may" happen in twenty years. You can lose living and enjoying the next twenty years due to worrying. Choose to live for today!

anthrokid
29-03-14, 01:34
Your taste is reliant on your smell. When you have a cold your sinuses and nose get all blocked and sniffly and gross, and you can't smell very well, if at all. This means that your taste also goes until your smell comes back.

MyNameIsTerry
29-03-14, 05:28
Loss of taste is easily something that you can get from a cold. Remember, it changes how things taste and how they smell.

The Daily Mail is a shock paper. With HA, I would say never to read those types of papers - read solid scientific research where ethics are required!

Honestly, at some point you will come across "Brain tumours caused by immigrants" in that paper!!!

Have you tried Mindfulness meditation? It may help you get control of your trigger thoughts.