PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Mike.

DoubleFace
28-03-14, 21:46
Hi everyone,

I'm Mike and I think I have an anxiety problem. I'm always thinking that something bad is going to happen, especially if the risk is very low and it's related to something I can't control. I was about to write an example but I don't want you to think I'm crazy or paranoiac neither, so let just say that I constantly worry about my health, my situation, and things that are not going to happen but I don't have any worry or fears about real situations like being alone in a dangerous place, driving in a winter storm or talking in front of a group.

Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worst. I'm always thinking about something bad and I have problem being really focused on a situation. Sometimes there is nothing to worry, I don't even think about anything bad and my hearth start to race, my throat tighten and I get cold sweat. I already tried to relax with different techniques, sometime it work but only for a few hours. Alcohol help me relax but I'm not what we can call a "happy drinker". When I'm not really anxious about something I'm king of depress.

Nobody know about my problem, I try to be normal with friends and family even if they know that I'm not the most social man, I think they see me as a person in control and I don't want them to think I'm weak.

I just wanted to write a short introduction but I already said much more than expected.. So yeah, I'm here to see if this can help a little.. I hope this place is being good for you all. :)

-Mike

aprilmoon
28-03-14, 21:51
Hi Mike, Do you take any meds to help at all?

DoubleFace
28-03-14, 21:59
Hi aprilmoon,

No I'm not taking any medication. If I visit the doc it's for physical problem, sometimes probably stress related. And I don't really know why but I tell the doc that I'm not really stressed or worried. Probably because I don't want them to miss a real problem by telling me this is all stress related..

aprilmoon
28-03-14, 22:18
Why do you think it would be a sign of weakness if you opened up more to your family or friends how you are really feeling? Do you think they would think any less of you? They would probably just want to help you,none of us are strong all the time,we all need help and support sometimes.

Lisa.w1979
28-03-14, 22:23
hey mike.

Welcome to nmp.

There are people here from all walks, with all kinds of anxiety so you'll find people will understand how you feel.

I suffer with panic disorder and health anxiety.

ninnie
28-03-14, 22:44
Hi mike
I suffer with really bad anxiety when not on my meds.
scared the house will fall down, scared I will crash my car, scared I will hurt someone I love in the night when im asleep, scared I will poison myself with taking too many pills or licking my fingers with bleach on them after ive done some cleaning.....weird enough for you?
However, on my meds im pretty ok with the day to day stuff.
I dont go on fairground rides or drive particularly fast, but I can live with that........

if your fears are affecting your life, or if you think they are irrational, maybe you should speak to your doctor.......

and they will not think you are bonkers or anything.
anxiety is a recognised illness and nothing to be ashamed of...
:nonono:

DoubleFace
28-03-14, 22:55
Why do you think it would be a sign of weakness if you opened up more to your family or friends how you are really feeling? Do you think they would think any less of you? They would probably just want to help you,none of us are strong all the time,we all need help and support sometimes.

I don't want to feel like a burden to anyone. And in fact I already tried telling that I'm in a stressful time but the only advice I receive is that I need to relax.. Really I'm not sure how to help myself so I don't want to bother people for nothing.

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Lisa : Thanks!

ninnie: Hi, I fact I recognize myself in some of your anxiety problems. I'm also afraid of hurting someone in when I sleep, I had some case of sleepwalking when I was young. About the med, I know it can be helpful but I really don't want to take pills every day to work normally..

ninnie
28-03-14, 23:08
People like to help other people. It makes you feel worthwhile as a human being when you help someone else in need.
Why do you think we all sit here trying to help eachother? Because we care and because we feel positive when someone says we have made them feel better.
If you had a friend who was in the same position you are, wouldnt you want to help them?

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Btw
im not nagging you, just trying to get my point across.
But you really should ask your doc or someone for help:hugs:

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

If you had asthma, youd use an inhaler every day to stop you having attacks.
Whats so different about taking a pill to top up your levels of serotonin if they are a bit low?
I couldnt function without my meds, but Im not addicted to them. I just dont have the right level of chemicals in my body to cope with everyday occurrences......:scared15:

DoubleFace
28-03-14, 23:20
Yeah your are probably right ninnie, I could at least visit a doc and tell him about my probably stress related symptoms and if he find out the only thing wrong with me is anxiety, I may temporary take medicines. I'm pretty sure that it's an unbalance level of chemical like you said, but maybe there a way to balance that naturally, what might be the cause of this imbalance?

ninnie
28-03-14, 23:27
Who knows....everyone is different.
Some of us have too little seretonin and some of us have too much.
Those who have too much dont get scared by anything and resort to base jumping and extreme stuff like that because their lives just arent exciting enough.....they need really scary stuff in their lives to get any kind of buzz.
Does that make sense?
It doesnt make them better than you because they dont have any fear of anything and you are scared of lots of things.......just different.
I have been on my pills for about 15 years on and off.

Travis
28-03-14, 23:51
Hi Mike Welcome to nmp
Anyone who tells you they are not scared of anything is a liar as everyone has doubts & fears.Its good that you joined the forum & I hope you get some benefit from talking to people on the site it takes courage to talk to others about their problems & you have taken the first steps.
Travis:-)

DoubleFace
28-03-14, 23:58
Thanks!

aprilmoon
29-03-14, 00:04
Yeah your are probably right ninnie, I could at least visit a doc and tell him about my probably stress related symptoms and if he find out the only thing wrong with me is anxiety, I may temporary take medicines. I'm pretty sure that it's an unbalance level of chemical like you said, but maybe there a way to balance that naturally, what might be the cause of this imbalance?

Hi, I think everyone on this forum who's on meds would rather not take them and wishes there was a more natural way.Personally, I am so glad that I was born into a time when medicine had developed into being able to treat me so successfully with this illness.My husband has to take insulin every day for his illness,and I don't see myself as being any different in taking meds for mine.It might help if you wrote down anything you need to tell the doctor that you might find difficult and either read it or hand it too him.You have to really spell it out though,because I used to not tell the doctor exactly how I was feeling and it was only when I really opened up that I began to get the help I really needed.I hope that you can consider this and it might be useful to you.

ninnie
29-03-14, 22:37
Hi, I think everyone on this forum who's on meds would rather not take them and wishes there was a more natural way.Personally, I am so glad that I was born into a time when medicine had developed into being able to treat me so successfully with this illness.My husband has to take insulin every day for his illness,and I don't see myself as being any different in taking meds for mine.It might help if you wrote down anything you need to tell the doctor that you might find difficult and either read it or hand it too him.You have to really spell it out though,because I used to not tell the doctor exactly how I was feeling and it was only when I really opened up that I began to get the help I really needed.I hope that you can consider this and it might be useful to you.

April moon - absolutely agree 100% with everything youve said. If id been born 100 years ago, id have been locked up in an asylum for sure...........and im probably not the only one. Thank goodness for SSRIs.