PDA

View Full Version : got to go out :(

paula78
29-03-14, 11:15
Hi all well I'm just about to go out for my food shopping an I'm all of a tizz! Lump feeling in my throat an still short of breath plz wish me luck and I have no doubt I will be back online soon in a worse state even tho I know I will have acomplished this task of going out! After all I cannot put off the shopping any longer so deep breaths whilst walking round tesco it is for me with what will feel like every shopper in there is going to be lookin at me more than there shopping list :( x:wacko:

Rennie1989
29-03-14, 11:22
Firstly, believing that you will have an awful experience will guarantee that you will. Keep positive, nothing will happen, you will get your shopping done unscathed.

What is your primary worry about shopping? Is it the fear of the symptoms appearing? Fear of looking stupid in public? Being out of your comfort zone?

I can assure you that when people are shopping they are only concerned for themselves, if anything that's what gets me stressed about shopping because they leave their blooming trolleys in the way! It one of those tasks that people either despise or enjoy as a relaxant so everybody will be in their own world concerned only for their own world.

When I go shopping I bring my iPod with me and stick one of my playlists or albums on. Music is a relaxant for me anyway so this helps, whilst draining the noise in the background. Also remember that there is absolutely no rush, take your time, take deep breaths into your diaphragm and take each task one at a time.

Annie0904
29-03-14, 11:53
I agree with Rennie, the negative thoughts need to be changed into positive ones. When you have to go somewhere visualise yourself there feeling fine and coping well :)

ankietyjoe
29-03-14, 11:58
Take it in steps. First step is getting to the car, next step is getting to the shop, next is getting inside, next is filling the trolley and last is going through the checkout (always the worst part for me!).

I often use my phone as a distraction in the supermarket and talk to myself as I walk around using mantras (don't judge me! :D) while pretending to talk to somebody else.

The most crucial thing to remember is that at any point in the task you can turn around and go home if you choose to, and that feeling the way you do that any progress to any part of the journey is a success.

Even getting dressed and out the door is a win! :)

paula78
29-03-14, 13:10
I did it folks, I was stressed in there but as it was so very busy today no-one even noticed, I took some water with me cos I always feel dehydrated an usually forget to take it, I finished my shopping succsesfully, thanks guys for your words of encouragement, now to get through the rest of the day with this infection pain! Within my shopping was Garlic, Lemon, clove oil, all suggested by people from this site to help reduce the suffering of a tooth infection so here goes for task 2 xx

Annie0904
29-03-14, 15:45
Well done Paula :)

wabbit1
29-03-14, 17:08
Well done!