PDA

View Full Version : Ribcage tightness

Serenity1990
29-03-14, 13:04
Does anyone else get this? (Copied from the amazing symptoms page)

Rib cage tightness, feeling like a tight band around the rib cage: You feel as if there is a tightness or band around your ribs or rib cage. It may also feel like a pressure or tension in the rib area that either comes and goes sporadically, intermittently, or remains persistently.
It can also feel like a mild or severe pain, pressure, knot, or like the ribs are bruised. It may also affect one small area of the ribs or the entire rib cage area. All are common.

I've been getting this got the past three or four days and am terrified it might be the MS hug, as I've been getting other symptoms too. :(

ninnie
29-03-14, 13:13
Get it, got it........its muscle tension due to my anxiety and probably a bit of wind:roflmao:

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Unless of course we both have the same disease:madness:

Serenity1990
29-03-14, 15:10
Thanks for the reply. Is it around your diaphragm that's tight? Mine is, slightly above and below.

mummyanxious
29-03-14, 15:21
My diaphragm is very tight.

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-14, 05:37
Yes, this is one of my more prevalent daily symptoms. Whilst it's there a lot, I don't give it much attention thesedays.

It's all the core muscles that are tense and it's mostly the higher ones. Have it for years and then see how hard your muscles are. If I can shift this extra weight, I should have at 4 pack sitting there waiting! Just need the other 2 now!!!

paula78
31-03-14, 06:08
I have this I'm sat here right now in tears with this an other symptoms with my chest, of course I've convinced myself I have lung cancer which is my biggest fear :(