PDA

View Full Version : Still worried about dvt,having a really bad time

LittleMissFoxy
29-03-14, 16:04
1st of all,thanks Lucym681 for the reply last week. I finally got my chest x ray results back last week,all clear! I felt a bit better after this but now I am back to square one. My thigh has still been hurting and still been feeling breathless so yesterday I went to A and E. They did a blood test( d-dimer I presume) an ecg and another chest x ray. Apart from my heart rate being a bit fast, everything came back negative.The doctor told me it is probably a muscular problem. Felt a bit better after all of this,however last night I was breathless again and my leg is still hurting. Today I got up,pain still there but not breathless.However,this afternoon I am breathless again and my thigh is still killing me and now I am wishing they had done a ultrasound scan of my leg to be sure nothing was wrong. I already have fibromyalgia but this is entirely different.I cant sit anywhere comfortably, I have to keep moving around the only time I relax is when I have a couple of glasses of wine on a night. I am so scared something is going to happen to me and I am fed up of feeling like this,if only I could find out the cause I am sure I would feel better:weep::weep:

AlexandriaUK
29-03-14, 16:59
Hi what does your leg look like.

LittleMissFoxy
29-03-14, 17:07
Hi. Leg doesnt seem to look any different.It feels like it is swollen but everyone I have seen says it isnt. My trouser leg feels tighter and the skin feels sensitive.It is not excruciating pain but more discomfort

Fishmanpa
29-03-14, 18:43
1st of all,thanks Lucym681 for the reply last week. I finally got my chest x ray results back last week,all clear! I felt a bit better after this but now I am back to square one. My thigh has still been hurting and still been feeling breathless so yesterday I went to A and E. They did a blood test( d-dimer I presume) an ecg and another chest x ray. Apart from my heart rate being a bit fast, everything came back negative.The doctor told me it is probably a muscular problem. Felt a bit better after all of this,however last night I was breathless again and my leg is still hurting. Today I got up,pain still there but not breathless.However,this afternoon I am breathless again and my thigh is still killing me and now I am wishing they had done a ultrasound scan of my leg to be sure nothing was wrong. I already have fibromyalgia but this is entirely different.I cant sit anywhere comfortably, I have to keep moving around the only time I relax is when I have a couple of glasses of wine on a night. I am so scared something is going to happen to me and I am fed up of feeling like this,if only I could find out the cause I am sure I would feel better:weep::weep:

A scan is not indicated based on all your other tests. There comes a time when you have to trust medical professionals. Are you doing anything to help treat your anxiety? Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

amandaj
29-03-14, 20:10
hi ive had 2 clots on my lung in past and if helps my legs didn't hurt my ankles was vey swollen but I had many more symptoms than you are saying youd know about it if you had one believe me x

sarahsarah
29-03-14, 20:15
I know we seem to hear a lot of stories about DVTs being missed by doctors but these cases are when a doc has just visually examined someone and sent them away. You had the tests which specifically look for a DVT and nothing at all came up. You don't have a DVT xx

LittleMissFoxy
29-03-14, 20:43
Thank you Fishmanpa.My doctor gave me Flupentixol to try, but to be honest I am scared to take them as I have heard they can give some bad side effects. It is just so scary because I dont know what is causing my leg to feel like this.With my past health anxiety I have found as soon as I know what is causing the problem I instantly feel better

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Just to add to my last post,one doctor I have seen recently thinks it could be nerve pain or troncanteric bursitis coming from my hip but with the last condition from what I have read it causes pain on the outside of the thigh where as mine is all around the thigh.The funny thing is this leg also feels like it has got longer,strange as that sounds but I do get some very weird sensations!