PDA

View Full Version : my lifes falling apart ive had enough can't cope

sezjay
29-03-14, 19:19
hi im new here. ny name is sarah im 21 and have 2 beautful children a son whos 4 and a daughter whos 8 weeks . anxiety and panic attack are back. I keep getting wierd new sensations plus chest pains that are scary. I dont no how ro explain but I feel not with it like im half asleep all the time. does anyone else get this?? I feel like anxiety is controlling my life again. I hardly go out my house and its not fair on my kids. my partner isnt much help. plus to make matters worse my dad had a stroke and is now severly disabled. that isn making my anxiety worse. my chest feels heavy and stomach always feels bloated. I dont eat much. im a size 6 8 week after giving birth its just not normal.I constantly worry aout dvt and p.e and heart attaks. wat the hell is rong with me I think im going mental. what hope have my kids got with a mother like me. ive tried cbt but didnt work. I only felt ok when I was pregnant it made my anxiety go away. and it dosent help that I I no longer have a baby bump my bidy feels strange xx

wabbit1
29-03-14, 19:38
Hiya, congrats first of all on the baby. That must be hard work at 8 weeks with a 4 year old too.

I've not really got any constructive advice as I'm only just new to all this as it has taken me years to admit it all to myself. Have you mentioned how you're feeling to anyone? Health visitor? GP?

I don't really know what to say but just wanted to offer some reassurance that I'm sure you're a great mum.

sezjay
29-03-14, 20:02
hiya thanks 4 reply. I usually see my gp regular over this but not seen him for a few month. ive tried councelling. cbt and tablets nothing has worked. I think I need to get use to the feeling of my body now im not pregnant its awful now I havent got a bump it feels like my stomach and chest is tight constantly . xx

Phuzella
29-03-14, 20:02
Have a word with your doctor:)

MyNameIsTerry
30-03-14, 02:54
Try Mindfulness meditation, it can calm the mind, help you to understand that the sensations cant harm you and help you break negative thought patterns. It takes time to learn but it can help in a smaller way fairly early on.

CBT was only partially successful for me but I found myself using it more productively afterwards so it might help you yet.