PDA

View Full Version : Stomach issues

worrieraz
29-03-14, 22:56
I am starting to freak out. I started getting what the Dr. said was the stomach flu Monday, severe vomiting, diarrhea, etc. By Wednesday I was feeling better except when I eat. After eating breakfast I am okay, lunch is semi-fine, but by dinner, I feel so bloated and gassy that I can't eat. It is only relieved after I vomit several times. I feel like my food and drink is sitting there all day and has to come back up so my stomach discomfort goes away. It is not extremely painful, but more gassy discomfort. My doctor is out for the weekend and am not sure if I am dying here :(
Sorry so gross!

MyNameIsTerry
30-03-14, 06:15
How are you now?

It sounds like you need to visit your GP again as it's not going. Perhaps you need some medication to get rid of it or ease the symptoms.

Try to stay hydrated.

Do you vomit because you have to or are you intentionally doing it to try to get rid of the bloating? Your body will bring it back up if it needs to so I wouldn't do it intentionally.

It may even be that it's taking time to get over what it's had. This can be normal.

worrieraz
30-03-14, 16:07
I am not much better today, but thank you for asking :)
I am not intentionally vomiting, I keep burping until it all comes up. Then I am relieved. I had watery diarrhea all night. I managed to eat some cereal this morning and keep it down but I still feel very gassy and uncomfortable

mummyanxious
30-03-14, 16:23
This is exactly how we are. FULL of gas. Managed to keep some soup down and some apple. Hopefully it'll ease for me.
I would get some more advice when you can but all you can do is keep feeding and drinking and it'll nourish you while its in there.

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-14, 02:53
Ah, its all the gas then and you just cant stop it. Sounds very unpleasant.

If you cant get the salts you require back into your system, you can buy rehydrating salts. It might be wise to talk to the pharmacist about the best thing to try.

I hope you get better soon.

roady
31-03-14, 07:46
You could try some simethicone for the gas! It's meant to breakup pre-existing gas bubbles, but for some folks if they take it prior to eating they find they have less gas. There's chewables or gel caps. I totally understand where you're at, I've had this issue for months. I hope you feel well again soon.