PDA

View Full Version : Hanging on

maloney18
30-03-14, 08:43
I am 51, just about keeping it together am booked in for a colonscopy 8th april after breaking down at the doctors, had rectal exam and blood tests a few weeks ago which was all ok, I was ok for few weeks but had some loose stools no blood and itching, have lost weight but have been stressed out of mind, have been on citalopram for about 4yrs, doctor gave me tamazipan for 10 days as I can't sleep. My dad died of bowel cancer in 1973 when I was 10, my mum and brother both had cancer. So thats it I already think i've got, my husband is barley talking to me just can't handle it, not that I blame him, my son is at uni and daughter 23 lives at home, wish I could get a grip, feel like i'm going to drive them away. sorry to ramble on, just need someone who understands:weep:

Humly
30-03-14, 11:20
Sorry you are feeling so bad and it is totally understandable. I know what its like to to consumed by fear. On the positive side you have had blood tests and an exam and they were fine and there has been no blood. The loose stools could just be down to stress as it does often upset your tummy. Hang on in there until the 8th when you get your test and hopefully it will put your mind at ease. Take care x