PDA

View Full Version : If you don't worry it comes true

rebeccad
30-03-14, 09:58
Does anybody else feel like this? You get something wrong and you sort of feel like you have to panic and ask everyone's opinion else the worst will come true , I've worked 20hours in the last 2 days and have had about 7 hours sleep since Friday , I have got a twitch in my thumb and remember reading this is how Michael j fox started with Parkinson's , I can actually see my thumb moving to the side, my son has also started what I can only describe as a
Tic , almost like a sniffing tic it's driving me potty , I can't help but freak as I feel like if I don't it will happen and come true does
This make sense or am I crazy lol x

Jonesle
30-03-14, 12:51
Definitely not crazy. If I don't check and worry about skin cancer everyday il get it. It's a horrible thought process which is silly and flawed but I can't help it. Currently having good days and bad days. Having a good morning which is turning bad...

RoseEve
30-03-14, 12:54
I have these thoughts too. Like when I relax ill miss something. We have to change the way we think. It's good to be aware if your bodies but not constantly checking. By the way I get thumb twitches too and it freaks me out ;)

rebeccad
30-03-14, 20:48
Thanks both been out all day and I've not noticed my thumb once home now and I'm dwelling on it , thank goodness for this site with like minded people I know when I'm telling my hubbie how silly i sound but literally cannot help it x

Jonesle
30-03-14, 21:03
It's strange how when you say it out loud to a loved one you feel silly. I felt foolish telling my friend that I thought I had skin cancer, showed him my worry and he was literally 'you're worried about a freckle? A freckle? Cancer?' But when I'm sat on my own it's like it is and if I believe it isn't then it definitely will be! Does that make sense?

Fishmanpa
30-03-14, 21:03
Well.... 7 hours of sleep since Friday could have a little something to do with how you're feeling. A good nights rest will do wonders for the body and mind :)

Positive thoughts

clarisse
30-03-14, 21:24
Lack of sleep will definitely affect your nervous system.
I had a terrible eye twitch once and I felt like I would be affected for life.
After 3 months of sheer hell, I finally got plenty of sleep and accepted this was down to Anxiety it went away. I'm sure you will find this happens with you too.

Freaked
30-03-14, 21:39
I have this; I have to say my health fears to someone. And when I'm panicking, I get this thing where I'm actually afraid to relax cos it feels like I'll just pass out or my heart will stop or I'll stop breathing, like the adrenaline is the only thing keeping me going.

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-14, 04:42
Perhaps it's an OCD thing? There is a form of OCD called Magical Thinking where you think you can literally affect the physical world by your thoughts.

OCD comes as a result of an underlying anxiety issue. So, if you had HA, you could develop compulsions to check or talk about it.

Having said that, it could just be searching for reassurance. It's just I think it sounds like you feel a compulsion to engage with it or you feel it will come true and I know that is part of my OCD issues.

Trust me and everyone on here, you are definately not going mad.