PDA

View Full Version : Today is the start of a new era

Billy522
30-03-14, 14:18
I can't let all this anxiety get in between me and my family, from now on i'm going to have to try and battle it head on. My little girl depends on me and for the past week or so I've been feeling crippled and scared out of my mind, I can't allow this to happen anymore. People say having a real disease is worse, i think having Hypochondria is the worst disease out there, it can really cripple you and make you feel like something is really wrong. I have to try and live my life and be there for my family, can't allow this to happen anymore

mummyanxious
30-03-14, 14:22
Positive words :)
So what is your gameplan? X

Tanner40
30-03-14, 14:29
Positive attitude, Billy. Anxiety can most certainly be a horrible disease. Have you tried CBT? I can tell you that it helped me a lot. It's not the things that happen to us or the things that we fear that cause the cycle of anxiety and health anxiety. It's our thoughts about the events that create the seemingly endless cycle of anxiety. If we can change our thoughts, we can retrain our brains not to create the anxiety. A little hard work and practice and you can do this.

Jonesle
30-03-14, 14:34
What is your gameplan indeed? Health anxiety is truly horrible :(

Billy522
30-03-14, 14:44
I am in CBT and it has helped me a lot. But my gameplan is just to ignore any pain i have, anything thats going on with me and just move on with my life and do what i gotta do, anxiety can't bring me down.

Tanner40
30-03-14, 14:47
Good job, Billy. Acceptance of the symptoms as nothing more than anxiety is crucial to recovering. If we can just accept the fears and move forward, the fears eventually will go away. There's a great book out there called, Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway, by Dr Susan Jeffers.