PDA

View Full Version : A+e again

iainm
30-03-14, 22:16
So been at a+e again with severe chest arm and back pain vomiting dizzy ness and ear pain docs said its reflux and panic had no ECG this time had 3 this week decided when I got home to look up reflux and stumbled on a reflux website which had a story that has put me in a complete panic that it's my heart I'm so bloody scared that something is gonna happen to me anno google is the devil was just looking for some answers on symptom relief had my bloods done Friday came back normal I still can't believe that this is reflux and panic my body is screaming that something is wrong and I can't get out of this low it's driving me mad xxx

kurtis1990
30-03-14, 22:26
It seems very unusual they didn't do ECG. That's standard procedure for chest pain in ANE

iainm
30-03-14, 22:43
Hi Kurt hope ur well , The doc wasn't concerned as bp pulse etc was excellent and I think cos I've had 3 this week he thought there was no need

kurtis1990
30-03-14, 23:03
I'm doing ok still in hospital. Did you have the 3 ecgs done in hospital

Lisa.w1979
30-03-14, 23:13
Kurtis....do not google!!

kurtis1990
30-03-14, 23:20
Huh?

Lisa.w1979
30-03-14, 23:24
meant ian lol. sorry dude. xx

iainm
30-03-14, 23:36
had 2 done at a+e and one done by ambulance all tests were really gd but ur situation rams home some doubt in my head but will just have to go with the flo and except what they say xxx

Anxious_gal
31-03-14, 00:18
You had 3 ECGs? They pick up almost everything. I've had a few myself and ended up being kept in hospital due to an abnormal reading.

If they see anything wrong at all they will keep you in and do further testing.

I get acid reflux, heartburn and digestion problems. Sometimes it can cause pain so bad I need to go to bed. It doesn't happen offen but it does happen. I get pain in my back shoulders and chest.

Chest pain does not mean it's your heart. I wonder why you're so focused on your heart when all the tests came back okay?

You know what I think might help, is to ask your doctor for a 24 hour heart monitor. So you get all the wires stuck to your chest and then carry the little device in a bag. You wear it for 24 hours and then take it back to the hospital where they review your results.

CreteBluez
31-03-14, 07:32
Hey reading through all that is exactly the same as me! I was in a+e again yesterday.. Blood tests fine, ECG fine, but yet I'm still not convinced? It's absolutely horrible... I suffer with really bad acid reflux and heart burn also so I'm trying to put it just down to that.

I mean it wouldn't hurt for so long if it was our hearts, surely?

Do you take anything for your acid? For about 2 weeks when it was really bad I had a very bland diet and it did really help me. Plus took omeprazole (just started them again today)

Anxious_gal
31-03-14, 08:09
Anxiety is lieing to you so don't belive it! All those scary thoughts are not real.

Sometimes I think it's almost an addiction, as long as you're anxious then you don't live in the present. It's almost like a form of escape.

It takes practice and time to learn how to ignore the scary thoughts.

I don't get it that much, I would usually take something like those Rinnie tablets or Gavascon liquid. I find those motilium tablets can be helpful too.