PDA

View Full Version : It really is a viscious circle isn't it .

Gemmal
30-03-14, 23:50
So i thought I was making progress in my lymphoma fears , two years and counting , I even bought a self help book which is a big deal for me as it was the first time i really gave in to the fact that it is all just anxiety .

Today I am back to square one . For no particular reason I still get the symptoms they never really go away but I manage . So now I'm filling my head with thoughts that I really do have this disease and my lingering cough , itching , nodes are real and I'm not imagining this !

Sorry to post for the 1000th time it just really gets on top of me at times and I am so upset with myself for wasting two years of worrying ( I hope ) I will never be able to get that back !

I have just graduated and should be getting into a career but I have no motivation

Gemma

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-14, 04:25
Thats understandable, I feel the same about the years I have wasted. Maybe you have to accept that and think you can use the coming years to cram in the things you think you have missed and achieve what you want to.

You've made a step forward in buying a self help book. The first step can be the hardest for many people because you are admitting to yourself what the problem is. Thats not a negative thing, it's a positive thing.

Congratulations on graduating.

Do you know that the term "should" is a negative as it puts pressure on you to make it happen? I learnt that in self help groups. It's "could" that you want to use as it implies choice. You have time, there are all these pressures in society these days and look where we end up - needing NMP! Be kind to yourself and realise that you are just starting out with work and where you start isn't neccessarily where you will be in 5 or 10 years.

What you need, is to get over anxiety...then you will succeed at the rest. So, it surely makes sense to invest time in yourself and get better.