PDA

View Full Version : How reliable are MRI without contrast.

PANIC247
31-03-14, 00:02
I've been having pretty much constant headaches everyday for almost four month an long with muscle twitching ear ringing and some other symptoms. Doctors all told me it was sinusitis and stress. I didn't believe them. Was referred for a brain mri for my "peace of mind" anyway mri came back clear except for slightly infected sinuses. However this was almost 3 weeks ago I still have the headaches but the sinus infection seems as though it's cleared up. My question is because I had MRI without contrast what are the chances the scan missed a tumour ? :( really worried

Anxious_gal
31-03-14, 00:10
Some types of tissues will be hard to see without the contrast dye. But I'm sure doctors know what they are doing. Not all MRIs need contrast dye.

Have you been to an ENT? You should get that camera down your nose to get a good look at your sinuses. Sinuses issue can be hard to treat/clear up and are bad for causing headaches.

Have you had your jaw joint looked at? Do you grind your teeth or clench your jaw? TMJ issues cause pain, headaches and ear problems too.

PANIC247
31-03-14, 00:16
No I haven't been to en ENT but I have shine a flashlight up my nose lol and I've noticed I have really swollen turbinates (I think that's what they are) they're really big and bright pink sometimes they bleed a little. I haven't had my jaw looked at no. Who would do that a dentist or ENT

RoseEve
31-03-14, 17:51
I've had constant headaches as well. It is sinus related for me as well. I take a decongestant everyday now and I feel much better.

PANIC247
31-03-14, 21:52
I've had constant headaches as well. It is sinus related for me as well. I take a decongestant everyday now and I feel much better.

Hey RoseEve which decongestant do you take?

RoseEve
01-04-14, 03:22
Claritin D 24 hour seriously changed my life

---------- Post added at 02:22 ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 ----------

I also do not snore anymore since taking it

PANIC247
01-04-14, 22:44
Thank you x