PDA

View Full Version : Worried about stomach problems :(

anxious_thoughts
31-03-14, 04:42
Hey everyone.

I'm sure many of you have seen my posts on IBS and all that but now I'm not too sure what to think. It seems like since the beginning of February I have been having on and off stomach pains and side pains. Constipation and diarrhea, lots of gas in stomach, hard to pass gas, pain when I press on stomach, and now more recently I have been having to pee every two hours.

The thing is, every time I get my period during the month, all of these symptoms stop right away but come back as soon as my period is done. My anxiety really makes me nervous as I think it's some type of ovarian or stomach cancer :(

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-14, 04:47
But if it were cancer, would it go away when you had your period? Surely it would be constant?

Anxiety can make you go to the toilet a lot but if you have multiple issues then maybe it's best to get your GP to check it out incase you have something that you need some help with.

Maybe you need some help to re-establish a healthy digestive system? Anxiety can play hell with all this I find.

anxious_thoughts
31-03-14, 05:01
You're definitely right. I'm just kind of nervous to get checked out :(

Ahh, anxiety does not help me either since I'm terrified of doctors!

Thanks for replying

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-14, 05:12
I think a lot of us are.

I was never bothered by GP or dentist appointments but when I hit the worst anxiety, it just becomes yet another problem to get past. I'm largely over things like that now as I make sure I'm out a lot, although I still struggle with things like social meals.

My mum gets anxious going to a GP appointment and she doesn't suffer from anxiety. Maybe it's just that "anything could happen" mentality...Holby City (hospital drama where everythings always bad news) has a lot to answer for!!!

I have days where I have more stomach problems and it is aggravated by certain types of food. I know it's my anxiety but I also feel it is my lack of general good health because anxiety has left me a bit overweight. So, I think my digestion needs a boost.

Maybe your does? Maybe it's just suffering the brunt of the anxiety? Some people have some symptoms, others have a different set so maybe this is where yours are focussed at the moment?

You could confirm it with a GP to make sure there is nothing that needs attention. I don't mean cancer, I just mean digestion or bowel complaints that just need some medication or a change it diet.

I wonder sometimes whether all the strain of anxiety affects our health in that respect and we become allergic to things or intolerant to them. Gluten for instance, some people have issues with when they have anxiety.