PDA

View Full Version : Love my GP!

Marie36
31-03-14, 09:28
Hi Guys..just wanted to share something with you that might help or some might recognise...
Was just coming out of a period of intense HA...utterly convinced I had Heart probs..palps, pain etc...stack of tests said all was fine and this combined withbeta blockers and a probable reflux prob meds and meditation have really helped....
Then I got tonsillitis..although I was sure they had got it wrong and I had HIV..had antibiotics for ten days and felt no better..my tonsils were huge, one gland in my neck was getting larger by the day so I reluctantly went back to the GP this morning..Gp said tonsils were fine and no remarkable swollen glands in my neck..got home and suddenly that gland IS smaller and I feel much better!! My head I have decided is a very powerful thing.

I guess the point is I trust my GP and I wonder if when we are convinced we are ill, do we want the GP to agree and when they don't they are no good ir not listening? Or is it that there really is nothing wrong! I saw five people about my heart and had six ecgs...I had to get the point when I thought..they can't all be wrong...

Just my musings but another realisation of just how powerful this anxiety thing is...

Take Care x

skippy66
31-03-14, 12:30
I laughed at the tonsillitis > AIDS reasoning, because I used to be exactly the same. It's faulty thinking that is so typical of severe Health Anxiety. The good news that if I can cure myself, absolutely anyone can.

You're also right about trusting your GP, this is one of the first required steps to recovery, just as you have to trust a pilot on a flight.

Worriedwellornot
31-03-14, 21:02
For 6 months I've had tummy pain and right sided rib pain. 2 weeks ago I had an endoscopy and was convinced they would find a tumour. It was clear. Within a day the physical tummy pain has gone leaving the rib pain. This again shows the powerful nature of the mind. I just need to get rid of the rib pain now!