PDA

View Full Version : hi

jax
30-11-06, 16:46
my name is jax i am 45 yrs old i have a husband and three children i have suffered fron anxity and panick attacks for about ten years now but things are quite bad at the moment afraid of how i feel but also afraid of becoming addicted to medication support is very hard to get were i live so i feel a bit alone at the moment worst times at the moment are waking early hours with panick attack there
jax

manmoor
30-11-06, 16:49
Hi Jax,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

mooks
30-11-06, 16:50
Hi Jax
Wlcome
your in a good place...Im 10yrs suffering as well....medication is not addictive..but it can cover over the fact you need therapy which im learning now...My meds are due to be changed BUT after 10yrs im trying CBT..and psychotherapy as I dont want to be on Meds for ever...they do help though
My therapist says THis can be sorted though...through retraining all negative thinking patterns xx

kittykat
30-11-06, 16:52
hi there jax,
welcome to the forum hun , you'll find all the support you need here, its great.
My anxiety is worse in the morning as well and i have just started taking meds( so dont be to afraid to try, your doc will make sure you don't get addicted to any). I'm sorry things are so bad at the moment but you will get there we are all here for you. PM me if you want

take care
shirley xx

LickeyEndBlues
30-11-06, 17:02
Hi Jax

Welcome to NMP. This is a great site and you will find plenty of advice, help and support in here. There will be, as you can see, many people who can directly relate to where you are at.

There are some on line CBT sessions available and you might finfd those useful.

Take care, and remember you are never alone in here.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

honeybee3939
30-11-06, 18:15
Hi Jax

A Big warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

sandie
30-11-06, 18:32
Hello Jax

I was diagnosed and prescribed meds about 6 weeks ago. I've only just started with anxiety and panic attacks (I'm 53). My husband found NMP for me last weekend, and I have to say I am soooooooooo grateful - its really helped me in the last week. Knowing I'm not alone, using the advice and tips passed on in First Steps and messages posted has really been beneficial. I've never been on any forum or in a chat room before this week - its all very new to me, but it has been a real life-saver. I don't want to be on meds for a long time either -I'm trying hard to cut down on my propanalol and sleeping tabs now - after just 6 weeks. I'm not sure if it will work, but the more I learn about CBT (mostly from NMP and a website they have recommended), the more I think its the way forward for me; my anxiety and tendency to worry about EVERYTHING is definitely something I've learned from my parents, I worry about things that may or may not happen years from now!! Its become obvious that so many of my issues are deep-rooted and need to be worked thru thoroughly.

I actually find being on NMP, posting messages, reading messages etc, a therapy all on its own. I had a really useful private chat yesterday and a general chat this morning; it really boosted my day.

Welcome and I'm sure you will make friends and find NMP a huge help.

Take care

Sandie

yorkylover
01-12-06, 12:43
Hi jax and welcome,your not alone and will get lots of support here.;)

Ellen XX

Lindalou64
01-12-06, 13:05
HELLO JAX AND WELCOME IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF INFO AND SUPPORT.........BEST TO YA.........LINDA[8D]

Chopper
01-12-06, 13:24
Good afternoon and welcome Jax, I hope you find these forums as beneficial and enlightening as I do.

There are many supportive people in this ether and no matter how unique you think your anxiety or associated symptons there's always someone with the same problems to help or just to listen when you need to let off steam or are worried about anything.

Look forward to reading your posts and again, welcome.

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

trac67
02-12-06, 11:18
Hi Jax,

Welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:53
Hi Jax

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel