PDA

View Full Version : homeless again..life getting worse

gregcool
31-03-14, 15:47
HI all.for those that know me will remember i seperated from my wife of 15 years this time last year .i had to move out of my family home and move in with my sistee which i hated as things just didnt work out after a few months.so i moved out of there into a ladys house that i met through a mental health class.that lasted a couple of months then she stugled with me being there with her mental health.so just before xmas last year i moved out which was very stressful just before xmas.moved out and into a new town with a friend in another town.iv been hear for 3 months and he has now told me hes girlfriend is moving in so i need to move out..so im on the move yet again prob baxk to my sister as i have no other options...iv not been able to settle as i keep getting moved on...causing me so much stress..plus im still trying to get on with the greaf of losing my wife and kids..and other personal stuff....still no job and a very uncertain future ahead of me.i hardly ever get to see my kids and they hardly ever call me..feel totaly lost and deperate...its all making my anxiety high and bad depression...just wanted to vent and get off my chest.any suport please

Rennie1989
31-03-14, 15:53
Have you got yourself on a waiting list for a council property or contacted housing association? Whilst it's awesome that these people have helped you they still need their own personal space and it's important to find your own as well. I'm not all that clued up on this issue but definitely look into some sort of housing and aim to look for employment, which will improve your chances of getting your own place.

SarahH
31-03-14, 16:13
I agree with Ronnie... call up or go to see your local council..... you affectively "homeless" and they have a legal duty to house you.

Good luck

Sarah

ankietyjoe
31-03-14, 16:26
Jeeze that sucks, man hugs dude.

I concur with the other advice given here. Get in touch with the council and explain your situation. They're pretty much obliged to find you a place of your own in your situation.

MyNameIsTerry
01-04-14, 02:01
Greg, I agree with other posters - see what your options are and go from there. Have a look at the CAB website because they usually explain anything like this.

Have you thought of volunteering? At the charity run self help groups I used to attend they promoted this to help your confidence and build your CV up. Several people who did this found it helped them to secure jobs and they felt their anxiety & depression improved for it.

Annie0904
01-04-14, 10:28
Greg the others are right about the council having to re home you but I am guessing you would rather be back in the area closer to your children than were you are now? Maybe if you go back to your sisters then tell the council there that you have to move out and have no where to go. The doctor there knows you so should be able to give you a medical note saying that you need somewhere to live and have health problems. This would help you with priority on the housing list.
I know that you have tried to get voluntary work and even voluntary hasn't been easy to find.
You really do need a place of your own so that you are not worrying about being moved on all the time.
You could try looking on here http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/?search_id=167142251& Many of them will accept DHSS housing benefits.
I am sorry you are having to go through all this again. :(

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

The link I sent is just for room share which I know is not ideal for you but maybe we need to look at all the options.