PDA

View Full Version : unexplained middle of the night "episode"

lindajane1971
31-03-14, 17:44
Hiya,
Last night i went to bed and slept as normal, i woke around 2 hours at later as my son had made a noise in his room and it had woken me up i then heard him talking on the phone and i couldnt get back to sleep for it so i got up and went to his room to tell him to be quiet. I opened the door and told him firmly to "be quiet" and at that moment was when it started - suddenly there was a weird sensation in my chest and throat and then i felt a bit off balance so i turned and left his room and i suddenly went a lot worse...... my vision went bad, like i was cross eyed and my brain felt like it was independently rocking inside my head and it felt like the whole house was moving back and forth, it was dark as i hadnt put on the lights and i shouted for my husband to put his light on and by this time i was crouched down trying to find my way back to my bed. I felt really disorientated. I got on my bed and i immediately felt very hot and started sweating, so i go a baby wipe and wiped my face and arms and legs and then i suddenly went totally opposite to that and went really really cold....my face and head were icy cold to the touch, i was still sweating but it was a cold sweat and my husband touched me and said i felt "sticky"
At this point i started to get really worried that something was really badly wrong with me and i wasnt sure quite what to do, my pulse was normal, sitting at 60 and my breathing was also normal, my husband has high blood pressure so has a machine and i measured mine and it was 128/80 which seems a normal/good reading.
Then after about 5-6 minutes my skin was back to feeling normal and i wasn't sweating either.
I was really concerned and couldnt get back to sleep for ages after it happened and i can not find any explanation as to why it happened.
And now im starting to worry about bedtime tonight...can anyone advise me or has anyone felt this before???

3tikes
31-03-14, 17:53
I wonder if it could have been a temporary drop in blood pressure? When we get up quickly it can make us slightly disorientated and perhaps if that sensation alarmed you it triggered a slight anxiety attack. Don't worry about bedtime tonight as that will have you feeling even more anxious. X

Phuzella
31-03-14, 18:12
Do you ever suffer with vertigo?

lindajane1971
31-03-14, 18:56
Hi Tikes, i did think about that but i didnt get up quickly and i didnt rush through or anything, i had been awake a good 10 minutes before i decided to go to to his room so im not convinced it was that
Phuzella i have had vertigo once but this didnt feel the same at all in any way
I forgot to add this symptom of rocking lasted around 5 seconds then the hot/cold sweat around 10 mintues

Anxious_gal
31-03-14, 23:10
You know I think this might have been what happened.

When you wake up it can take a while before you fully wake up, then you got out of bed a d started walkjng > I think you had head rush, low blood pressure from standing up and walking.

It happens me ever day, well most days. Sometimes the headrush doesn't kick in until I've taken a few steps. I feel weak, heavy, dizzy, fuzzy vision, pressure in my head, ears pounding, hearts pounding and if I don't bend down/lower my head or sit down to fix the drop in blood pressure I would fall down.

I think the anxiety added to how you were feeling.

jab1982
31-03-14, 23:18
Lindajane, this happens to me when I visit my Mom. A year ago I moved very far from my family. I have always lived within 2 hours of my Mom and sisters. I am 30 years old and never experienced anxiety until this year. I have been to visit her twice, one week at a time. I am generally very tired from the flight so I sleep well the first night I am there. But every night thereafter is a total nightmare. Although I am tired my heart starts pounding and I begin sweating. I get concerned during the day it will happen again. The pounding heart can be so scary but I remind myself that I have been through it before and it will pass. I trying to take long slow inhalations, hold for 2-3 seconds and exhale longer and more gradual than my inhale. I will often repeat a phrase such as "this too shall pass" or "i am fine" while I breathe. Once I calm down I read for a bit or watch a funny show on netflix. I am sorry this is happening to you. It truly is the pits! It will not last forever.