PDA

View Full Version : Could my fear be making my stomach and GI issues worse?

kyomagi
31-03-14, 17:53
I am freaking out, have been for the last two weeks. i cant seem to eat and i dont know if its because of my high stress level. I have been having stomach issues for the last 2.5 momths.

Constipation, bloating, nausea and some weight loss due to not being able to eat enough due to the offsetting symptoms. Weight loss so far is 27 lbs from the first week of Jan.

i cant seem to go more than once a week, and 2 xrays said i had been completely constipated and full. Blood work came out ok too, twice. GI doc wanted a colonoscopy done but wanted to do a upper GI scope while i was out.

Could my anxiety and stress level be impacting my appetite, constipation and bloating?

I had this before, went through a 8 week flare up in 09' and mini flares throughout the years.

Lisa.w1979
31-03-14, 22:01
anxiety messes with my stomach. i get really bad acid, esophageal spasms, nausea, diarrhea. if the tests have come back ok, you will have to trust the doctors. i find when i stop worrying, the problems die down somewhat. xx

roady
02-04-14, 06:19
I definitely think so. I have been having issues for about 9 months with stomach troubles, and have had loads of tests that all came back clear. So I'm beginning to think that while there is an underlying issue (mostly reflux, which I've had forever), anxiety can definitely make it worse. I've lost 27kg/60lbs since I first got ill. But controlling your anxiety can help you control this too, I believe. It is helping for me.