PDA

View Full Version : Eek holiday!

Worriedwellornot
31-03-14, 20:44
As you may know I have been posting here for last 6 months with abdominal and rib pain. After having a clear endoscopy 2 weeks ago I booked a family holiday in Florida for the Easter break. This took a lot of nerve as I have put off any holidays due to my HA. I was fine for a week after booking but now starting to worry what if.....I feel ill on the flight .... I feel ill whilst away. I'm annoyed with myself and really want to give my family (and me) a lovely break. It's really frustrating!

ninnie
31-03-14, 21:03
And what if you have a really great time? Spending quality time with your family. Having fun in the sun.....relaxing....
Sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to make things perfect when you just need to have fun, and your family will love you either way, no matter what happens.
I know it can be worrying leaving familiar surroundings etc. Why not try a bit of positive thinking using the what if line, keeping all the scenarios good? It might not work, but it is something that was suggested to me by a hypnotherapist.
Alternatively, you could always have a chat with your GP.
Hope you have a wonderfull holiday!

Worriedwellornot
31-03-14, 21:07
Thank you Ninnie! I know you are right. I'm not going to spoil the holiday. I will definitely give the positive thinking a go. It's always worked for me on the job front! X

iainm
31-03-14, 21:09
Hi worried I cancelled my holiday to lanzarote in January due to my ha I beg u to go u will be fine get a nice tan break will do u good don't put off what u started cos it one step forward 9 back xxx ps I'm really jealous let us all know how it goes

Worriedwellornot
31-03-14, 21:13
Hi Iain thanks for your reply. I must also add that I have a real fear of flying as well as the HA, double whammy!! I really will try to enjoy the break...most people would be looking forward to a lovely break... Hope you have the opportunity to have a holiday this year x

iainm
31-03-14, 21:25
I'm not scared of flying u might be the same I'm scared of panic on the plane then u think ooh long flight can't really get off etc which is mad when I think about it yes u may hate the flight but ur body and mind will reap the benefits of a nice break u jammy ******* haha xxx

Marie36
31-03-14, 22:58
Hey..I took my children to Florida last year and suffered terribly with the 'what if I get sick' thing? Well firstly...I didn't! But if..and it's a massive if, I had of done I would have called the emergency services..their healthcare is pretty great.

Have the bestest time x

Worriedwellornot
01-04-14, 07:39
Thank you Marie! Will try to x

Worriedwellornot
01-04-14, 17:21
Oh dear the dreaded pancreatic cancer anxiety has reared its head today and made me feel very low. Basically the pain under my rib has been worse today and very painful when I press onto it.i really should be getting into holiday mode not putting a damper on it. Stupidly spent the afternoon consulting Dr Google.....