PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Tailbone!

Wuboo
31-03-14, 21:58
Ive had a little lump on my tailbone for years and every now and then it gets sore and i cannot sit properly. Over the last few days its got worse and its VERY painful to sit/move/walk/lay etc.

I saw the doc who gave me some painkillers and said to come back if it gets worse. Little pissed off I was with that!

Now I'm feeling a tad achy and flu like and I'm thinking it may be infected but from what ive read it usually leaks with some odd looking discharge.

Anyone had anything similar?

Anxious_gal
31-03-14, 22:59
What is causing the lump? If it doesn't improve I would ask your doctor to send you to someone who can help :)

Is it a cyst? Then shouldn't you be on antibiotics to clear it up? It might be worth seeing a different doctor?

MyNameIsTerry
01-04-14, 05:08
Were you born with it?

I think I can recall babies born with this.

Wuboo
01-04-14, 09:14
No I wasn't born with it,I think it developed by the way I used to sit years ago. I'm going up the hospital this morning as I'm getting a fever and pains down my legs,not to mention I can now hardly walk!

I've read many stories on people having the same problem and their doc gave antibiotics followed by a draining.

Earthmum
01-04-14, 17:33
Hi this sounds like a Cyst and sounds like you have an infection , it is very common on the tailbone but you will need antibiotics, can you get to A&E/ER tonight? Sorry don't want to alarm you but I had something similar and I needed antibiotics very quickly and mine needed surgery too not saying yours will but you will need to settle the infection ASAP hope you feel better soon!

Wuboo
01-04-14, 23:38
well im glad i went! ive got an infection and was given amoxicillin and flucloxacillin....hopefully they work or it will need draining.

MyNameIsTerry
02-04-14, 02:20
Thats good news.

Its a shame your GP did such a poor job!

Anxious_gal
02-04-14, 06:38
Oh no you had an infection? Well done for going to the hospital.

I wonder why your own doctor failed to treat it?

Are you feeling any better?

Wuboo
02-04-14, 07:20
maybe because she was young without the experience. i cannot fault the hospital, they were excellent.

the pain is at 9 without painkillers, just wish they had a longer effeft

Wuboo
02-04-14, 15:18
Me and my thinking!

I've not slept well since Saturday and last night I took 2x 8/100 Co-Codamol and today feel really lethargic and generally under the weather with lots of anxiety as the abscess popped this morning so now im thinking im gonna be really unwell.

got a call back from the doc later.