PDA

View Full Version : This is why I hate HA

mummyanxious
31-03-14, 22:01
So as you'll know I was sick over the weekend. Proper sick, not in my head sick. Vomiting bug. Luckily it was fairly short lived and I'm feeling better this evening.

Just this afternoon I was thinking how much more chilled I felt, like this real bug had cleared some anxiety for me in some very odd way.

Anyway as one symptom goes, bamn this evening tightness across where my bra band sits. Very tight and short of breath feeling. So I ignore it thinking probably tension or maybe some residual acid. Then the palpitations start up...

Lisa.w1979
31-03-14, 22:05
they sound like classic panic symptoms mummy. i get those exact symptoms quite often, i just do some deep breathing. just today, i was sat on the bus and couldn't catch my breath, and it felt like i was tensing my stomach, even though i wasn't. the deep breathing for a few minutes sorted it out. panic can come from nowhere. xx

mummyanxious
31-03-14, 22:18
This has been going on since this afternoon, the tightness that is. It comes and goes really. Maybe when I forget about it, and then comes again when I think, is it still there? Oh yeah there it is.... Just trying to rationalise that it isn't angina or something awful...

Catherine S
31-03-14, 22:30
I used to often find that if I was having to cope with a 'real' illness my anxiety would be sort of on the backburner...like my focus would shift to coping with a bug or a bad cold etc. I don't know if you're aware of what you said...that you were 'proper sick, not sick in your head'. So that means you know yourself that there's a difference.

mummyanxious
31-03-14, 22:33
Oh I know I have health anxiety. I am fully on board with it. But I do still get these awful pains in my chest which won't go away.
All I can say is that today has been one of my best days for a long time. Not had any diazapam for two days and managed the school run today without any adrenalin rushes.
Tomorrow may be a different situation but we'll take that when it comes...

Catherine S
31-03-14, 23:06
Really good that you had a better day mummyA' stay positive and these good days will happen more often you'll see.