PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound tomorrow - worried.

eevee
01-04-14, 13:08
I'll likely get the abdominal ultrasound tomorrow to see the supposedly fatty liver. But I'm scared they'll find something else in whatever organs they're scanning tomorrow :(

Worriedwellornot
01-04-14, 17:31
Good luck. Hope everything goes ok x

almamatters
02-04-14, 07:02
Hope all goes well for you today. :) x

eevee
02-04-14, 11:57
Thanks guys for the support :hugs:

Did the ultrasound, and managed to see my doctor after. Fatty liver was confirmed, and turned out I had a 1,1 cm gallstone in the neck of my gallbladder. My dr. said the size was pretty big, but he wanted to monitor it and ask for another ultrasound in 3 months. Gave me some meds for the fatty liver and hopefully it could help break down the stone.

I asked him again at the end if it's only a stone, and he explained why it's a stone and not a polyp. Then my mom said something about me worrying and he said it's not a big issue, really.

But of course me being me I'm still worried like what if it's something else that LOOKS like a stone? So I'm going to rationalize it here.

The ultrasound lady (who's also a doctor, I think) said it's a stone,
the report said it's a stone,
my doctor whom I trust said it's a stone.

So I promise I won't Google and take their words for it cos they're the professionals.

(believe me even typing that I still have my worries :blush:)

On another note, I have my first ever psychologist appointment tomorrow.

Tanner40
02-04-14, 12:28
Eveee, good job on accepting that this is a stone and on trusting your doctor. Thismis great first step in beating HA. Celebrate the victories.

sarahsarah
02-04-14, 12:29
Great news, Eevee. Listen to the docs, it's a stone and it's not a big deal! How nice your mom went with you too. Could I just ask what meds you were prescribed to help with the liver?

Good look with your appointment tomorrow. Along with the scan results, take it as a new start.

eevee
02-04-14, 12:38
Thanks Tanner! Yes yes, and I also promise myself I won't be checking myself for lumps and stuff like that. Let's see how long that will last, hopefully long enough! :D

Sarah, I know, I felt bad cos she's stuck at the hospital with me for hours, but I just couldn't go alone so I was happy she could get away from work and go with me :) I'm going to PM you the meds.

almamatters
02-04-14, 18:06
Hi Eevee glad it went ok. :) x