PDA

View Full Version : Being left alone

scrumking
01-04-14, 14:27
So my wife will not allow me to go to work today as I was up sick last night, the problem is she just left for work and I'm all alone. Now the panic starts what if my heart stops and no one is here now to help me I'm really terrified everyone

Leslie735
01-04-14, 14:31
You are going to be just fine. Do your best to relax, lay on the couch, watch some TV and just relax. Open some windows and let in the fresh air. :)

skippy66
02-04-14, 10:38
I was just like this. My health anxiety was at it's worst when I was at home alone with nobody to 'save' me if I had a heart attack.

All I will say to you is this: I am now absolutely fine, I can spend hours or days on my own with no issue whatsoever. You can and will beat this.

Tanner40
02-04-14, 12:18
ScrumKing, I totally understand how you're feeling. Being alone, with no one to help me, is what used to kick my anxiety into overdrive. I'm here to tell you that you can do this and get rid of this particular phobia. My partner recently went out of town for ten days and I did just fine all alone. You just have to accept the fear and find ways to distract yourself. Whenever you find yourself thinking irrational thought, try to find the rational thought to counteract them. Have you tried CBT?

Anxious_gal
02-04-14, 15:36
When I'm alone I feel the way a young child feels when they suddenly find themselves alone.

I think people are pack animals and perhaps some of us has an old gene that makes us panic and feel unsafe when we find ourselves alone and separate from our pack.

Ha ha yes no one to save me. I know that feeling so well. What helps is to remember that help is only ever a phone call away!

For me it's not being alone that is the problem, it's the anxiety I feel when I'm alone. I find it hard to not be aware that I'm alone, perhaps in my mind "I'm alone" means "I'm not safe".

I find being outside helps, playing video games, having the radio on, having a few pets are a good distraction and gives you something to focous on.