PDA

View Full Version : Feel like everyone is laughing about me; paranoia

Eggplant345
01-04-14, 17:24
Any advice on how to deal with paranoia? I am in high school and when people around me are laughing or whispering or just even talking I constantly think it's about me and I feed off the need to listen in on their conversations to make sure they aren't talking about me. It's ridiculous at this point where I want to cry in my class everyday. I wanted to do homeschool for this reason and I have 43 more days left of school and I don't know how I'm going to deal. I can barley get through the 5 day week. If I can't get homeschooled next year I don't know what I'm going to do

PanchoGoz
01-04-14, 18:25
Homeschool won't help you - that's running away from your problems and isolationg yourself. You need to see a doctor about getting some help. Have you spoken about this to your parents?

Ryan92
01-04-14, 19:44
Hi Eggplant, I used to feel the exact same when I was at school. Whenever I heard people talking in class I was worried they were talking about me.

What didn't help me was after I started secondary/ high school, one of my teachers shouted at my class because some of them bullied me so all my class knew I had problems so I was terrified of what my classmates thought about me and if they were talking behind my back.

You sound like a strong person to me :), if you've managed to cope the past few years without feeling like you do now (or as bad ) then I think you've done brilliant :D. From my first year I was paranoid and very anxious until I finished school.

I recently had therapy ( CBT ) and it helped me to stop suddenly assuming people are talking about me if they see me or thinking negatively about me etc. Like pancho said have you been to see a doctor about your anxiety/paranoia ?

I take medication to help control my anxiety.

I had down days at school too and felt like I just couldn't take it anymore, at least you only have 43 days left and not a whole school year :)

Good luck, you can do it :D