PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do so confused please help!

lisha371
01-04-14, 21:38
I was on citalopram I felt like I was ready to come off what meant to come of slowly but there was a mixed up and I ended up with anti allergy pill, anyway felt ok so its like I went cold turkey doctor okayed it, anyway month so later felt a mess was anxious depressed, went back the doctor who put me on Sertraline, which I felt some what better, but not after 5 weeks, today I have felt depressed, I don't know whether to carry on with the rest of the sertraline go back on citalpram.

Emphyrio
02-04-14, 03:38
How long did you take citalopram for and at what dose? If you want to come off antidepressants, you may have to taper very, very slowly. Some people even buy a jeweller's scale so they can cut small pieces off their pills - reducing 10% a month.

As for the sertraline - you can't really say whether an antidepressant is going to work after 5 weeks - you need to give it around 8, preferably 12 weeks, for it to fully kick in.

lisha371
02-04-14, 17:42
I took the citalopram for about 3 years, I started with 10mg went unto 20, felt like I got my life back, I suppose I can stick with it.