PDA

View Full Version : hernia?

paula78
01-04-14, 21:49
Hi guys
Well I'm in a right panic, I think I may have a hernia! I have good reason to think this as I have a sweeling in the top of my abdomen under my bust an it makes me feel very bloated, I also have like a lil pain at the back of my belly button an I can feel a small sized lump, plus I get really bad trapped wind, indegestion, acid reflux, I cnt possibly tell my GP about all this as I'm scared to death to tell them anything anymore in fear its something more sinister! Plz help me my dear friends with your wisdom xx

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

Its much worse as soon as I wake an this time of night, I am aware of it all the time but not as much, as mornin an evening, I have the worst symptom I get this evening too with shortness of breath x

Vigilante
01-04-14, 21:50
Back of your belly button as in like its directly behind it? if so that is a very common place for a hernia due to the natural weakness after birth. I have a small one there which came on with weight training a few years ago, caused a raw sort of pain at first when i stretched but has settled down and not changed since.

Fishmanpa
01-04-14, 21:51
Paula,

I had a hernia in my 20's and I have one at the bottom of my heart surgery incision. Typically, a hernia is caused by a physical strain that tears the muscle wall in the abdominal cavity. Unless you did something to cause that it's unlikely.

The only way to be sure is by direct examination by a medical professional.

Positive thoughts

Vigilante
01-04-14, 21:57
While I agree with some of that, there is very common weak spots around the body, one is right there at the belly button another is the inguinal canal in males due to the testicle drop.

The movement does not really have to be a big physical strain, you might only need to bend down and pick something up in order to do it at times, do get it examined as fish says to be sure, but I would put money on it being an umbilical hernia.