PDA

View Full Version : Moving out

phil06
02-04-14, 15:49
I've applied to see a private let house this week. Getting fed up staying at home and I'm worried I will wait too long on a council list. It's average price there is cheaper houses but they are not as good a location or older houses. I'm a bit worried and anxious about it all as it's the first time I've rushed to move out and I'm 25 would be moving in with my girlfriend. I'm worried if I will cope or if I'm going crazy as I've not saved enough first. Has anybody else got to a point where they feel rushed to move out?

robinsky
02-04-14, 17:07
I've applied to see a private let house this week. Getting fed up staying at home and I'm worried I will wait too long on a council list. It's average price there is cheaper houses but they are not as good a location or older houses. I'm a bit worried and anxious about it all as it's the first time I've rushed to move out and I'm 25 would be moving in with my girlfriend. I'm worried if I will cope or if I'm going crazy as I've not saved enough first. Has anybody else got to a point where they feel rushed to move out?

Sounds like perhaps there's a nagging doubt at the back of your mind - are you sure this is right for you? Sometimes you have to make brave decisions, but also make sure its the right one for you, for sure.

LiveAboveIt
02-04-14, 19:55
Remember, Phil. It's OKAY to be anxious. Anxiety is an emotion, like any other. Just don't worry about the anxiety, itself. :P Best of luck to you, buddy.

Rennie1989
03-04-14, 09:26
I've moved out twice with my husband and both times have been stressful and anxious. You have a mammoth list of stuff to do, like changing your address, setting up direct debits for bills, never mind packing and unpacking! Parting with so much money stresses me out the most, I was like it at my wedding, probably because it has taken us so long to save it up I'm terrified it'll disappear, somehow. Then once all of that has done you have to settle in, get used to your new surroundings, new neighbourhood, new people, new sounds and more.

LiveAboveIt is right, it's normal and OK to feel anxious right now. People who do not have anxiety will get anxious and stressed during a move, it is one of the most stressful events in ones life after all. If moving out has pros that outweighs the pros of staying at home, and you know you can afford to move out, then do it. Once the moving-in phase is over you'll be fine.