PDA

View Full Version : Confused thought and a vent

cwright
02-04-14, 16:21
One thought I'm having this morning is along the lines of this. In trying to ignore the anxiety bubbling up almost constantly... But I feel like I'm almost beginning to fight it. I feel that by trying to concentrate on Feeling it, and then not worrying about it....I am, in fact, fighting it. Does this make sense or am I rambling??
Also...I don't tell too many people about this, not sure why. But a couple that I have told keep telling me to just calm down. Just breathe deep and try not to worry. Truth is, I like my life and am not really worried about things. Little things I guess...but I always managed before this hit. So it's frustrating...I understand that they really don't get it...unless they've had it like this...but still...the way they talk down to me like I am weak and should be able to just calm down...it really annoys me!!!
Cindy

robinsky
02-04-14, 16:59
One thought I'm having this morning is along the lines of this. In trying to ignore the anxiety bubbling up almost constantly... But I feel like I'm almost beginning to fight it. I feel that by trying to concentrate on Feeling it, and then not worrying about it....I am, in fact, fighting it. Does this make sense or am I rambling??
Also...I don't tell too many people about this, not sure why. But a couple that I have told keep telling me to just calm down. Just breathe deep and try not to worry. Truth is, I like my life and am not really worried about things. Little things I guess...but I always managed before this hit. So it's frustrating...I understand that they really don't get it...unless they've had it like this...but still...the way they talk down to me like I am weak and should be able to just calm down...it really annoys me!!!
Cindy

You should find ways to overcome and accept your anxiety - that's the first step. You shouldn't think about your anxiety as a war. You should tell people about it, esp. a doctor or a CBT doctor. The people who tell you to calm down are fortunate and don't understand and its easy for them to say those things.

I think the irrelevant little things get on top of you and you should fight this as by and large, its insignificant, most likely. You need to have been in an anxiety situation to truly understand it - I have anxiety and I have good and bad days. People should NEVER speak down to you - it shows their ignorance.

Good luck in getting your problems solved! There's always light at the end of the tunnel.

LiveAboveIt
02-04-14, 19:53
You are in the very same state that I was just in a few days ago. The problem is, thinking far too much about what's right and what's wrong. This causes MORE anxiety. I had to figure this out, as well.. Your main goal, as Robinsky stated, is to learn to accept the anxiety and it's symptoms. It's the only way that your brain is going to relax long enough to recover.

EVERYTHING you feel is perfectly normal. The anxiety is normal. The symptoms are normal. Being afraid of them is normal. Wanting them to go away IS normal. But do NOT WORRY about the anxiety or it's symptoms, or if feeling a certain way is incorrect.

Just be at peace with the fact that this WILL go away in it's own time, but your mind needs time to recover. And if you continue worrying about everything, you will just continue to stress yourself out.

Acceptance is an attitude, not a thought process. Acknowledge that you have the anxiety and the symptoms.. Acknowledge that they are uncomfortable. You might even be scared of the way you feel. You might be scared that it won't ever go away, as this is a common thought from anxiety sufferers.

But it WILL go away, you just have to have faith and live your life as NORMAL as possible, in the meantime. And the number one step to recovery.. Positive thinking..

Anytime you worry, or have a thought.. "I'm afraid this will never go away." Then say "I know this will go away. Plenty of people have had this before me and it ALWAYS goes away."

If you think, "I'm really afraid of this right now and I just want it to go away!" Then think.. "It's OKAY to be afraid of this and to want it gone." It's ABSOLUTELY okay to feel that way, who wouldn't? You need to let yourself FEEL all of this and not fight it or worry, even about your own thoughts. THAT, my dear, is acceptance. It's tricky, isn't it?