PDA

View Full Version : Tounge spots/white coating

AnxietySufferer
02-04-14, 17:21
okay so someone told me that tounges are directly realted to other organs and can be a useful sign of illness.
My tounge has had like a burning feeling (i havent burnt it recently), this has come on in the last few days or so.
also, i have had a white coating on my tongue that I havent been able to shift for almost a year now, and today my tongue is particularly sore and when i was looking at it i have a load of red spots on my tongue which I havent particularly noticed before.
I am a little worried.. anyone know what this could be?

Corona89
03-04-14, 01:40
Try gargling some salt water which will help clear some off the white coating. Coating is quite normal on most tongues. Not sure about the burning though.

Cusper
03-04-14, 02:47
it most likely is thrush. That is easily taken care of. Thrush is a yeast infection

AnxietySufferer
03-04-14, 07:23
Can thrush last for almost a year? I have been drinking a probiotic yoghurt every day

AnxietySufferer
04-04-14, 16:51
After googling pictures I have excised strawberry you he with a white layering is definately the way to describe it, I haven't been feeling too goo today so I think my anxiety may be making it worse

Fishmanpa
04-04-14, 17:14
Thrush, left untreated becomes quite uncomfortable/painful (I dealt with it a few times during treatment).

A solution of salt water and baking soda (16oz water, 1 tbs of salt, 1 tbs of baking soda) can help. I gargled with that for months and still do as it has a soothing effect on the tongue and throat.

If you've had this a year, I think you can rest assured it's not sinister but for your peace of mind, a doctor's visit would help.

Positive thoughts