PDA

View Full Version : Costochondritis?

mummyanxious
02-04-14, 21:47
Has anyone had this? Apparently I may well have it as the ribs right down the middle of my chest hurt to touch as do under my breast on the left.
Does anyone get any other symptoms with theirs?
Any suggestions to ease the pain other than ibuprofen which I am loath to take.

PanicWHU
02-04-14, 21:52
I had a spell with this, hot then cold compresses work well. Ibuprofen helps ease the inflammation. Don't be alarmed if bruising comes out when doing hot and cold compress.

nomorepanic
02-04-14, 21:59
We have a few posts about this so use search and you will find them

mummyanxious
02-04-14, 21:59
Forgot to say does anyone have burning feelings with Costo?

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Had a look Nicola but there weren't much detail in them :( was just like I've been told I have this, oh yeah me too...

Fishmanpa
02-04-14, 22:03
Has anyone had this? Apparently I may well have it as the ribs right down the middle of my chest hurt to touch as do under my breast on the left.
Does anyone get any other symptoms with theirs?
Any suggestions to ease the pain other than ibuprofen which I am loath to take.

Are you saying you were diagnosed with this or think you have it?

Positive thoughts

scared22
02-04-14, 22:32
I had this, the pain was horrendous and it radiated into my left arm and up my neck. I truly thought I was having a heart attack. It lasted a long long time for me. I did not find that any painkillers worked. I did get some relief holding a heat pack to my chest, and also using bio freeze gel.

It is what started off my HA.

Cusper
03-04-14, 02:17
I have it. I have gone to the chiropractor for it and it's actually a rib that bends due to the spine. you have to get adjusted a few times and you will feel better. Also they will give you stretches that will make you feel better too. I got this after I had my son. I think it also wasn't a good idea that I carried him around for so long as well. It's rough because it will never go away. One thing that I have noticed is that since I have lost about 20 pounds it has gotten much much better. Hope this helps.

mummyanxious
03-04-14, 07:16
Dr yesterday said he thought I had it based on my chest being so tender to touch FMP

Thanks guys. I do usually go see a chiropractor but haven't been in a while so must go back! Feeling awful getting up out of bed I ache so badly. My back especially is agony. And the front of my chest is burning again when I stretch.

JulieJay92
06-04-14, 22:25
i was told i had this nearly 28 years ago alongside my panic attacks

no idea if i could still have it but i feel the same as i did when i was 1st diagnosed although i have had long spells of feeling really good