PDA

View Full Version : Just experienced something weird, help

Jimmy28
02-04-14, 23:46
This thing just happened to me 5 minutes ago. I was laying in my bed and suddenly I felt like passing out, like a weird vibration and a feeling of losing control and right after that, a few seconds later, my heart started beating really fast and I felt like having a panic attack (haven't had one in almost an year but I suffer from anxiety since 2012) but usually when I have panic attacks they last for about 10 minutes and this lasted only a minute. What could this be, is it just a "different" kind of panic attack? Because what confuses me is the vibrating 'passing out' feeling.
Sorry for my English.

Lisa.w1979
02-04-14, 23:54
Hi jimmy

I've had this before. When it happens, I have to jump up, or move suddenly or I feel like I will faint. Like you, I only experience this briefly, but I feel like I'm losing control when it does occur.

I think it may just been a small rush of adrenaline. Not enough to cause fight or flight response, but enough to have a physical effect.

Serenity1990
03-04-14, 01:39
I've only ever had two panic attacks, but I've had what you describe more times than I can count. I think physical symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks are very different things. :)