PDA

View Full Version : A new anxious person here!

dandylion
01-12-06, 13:09
Hi there, I've just stumbled accross this website and found your messages very supportive. I'm having an anxious phase at the moment and as usual the thing thats effected the most is my sleep- I can go a whole night without sleep or with only a couple of hours and although I know I have to just accept it until it eases off I'm finding it hard. In the past I've muddled through the days with just myself to worry about but now I have a 2 year old son and I work part time, I feel very guilty about feeling this way and even on the days I have slept I feel quite low about it all. I haven't had a "bad" anxious phase for the past couple of years and I seem to have forgotten how to handle it. Thanks for listening. x

Chopper
01-12-06, 13:22
Good afternoon and welcome Dandylion, I hope you find these forums as beneficial and enlightening as I do.

There are many supportive people in this ether and no matter how unique you think your anxiety or associated symptons there's always someone with the same problems to help or just to listen when you need to let off steam or are worried about anything.

The sleep deprivation seems to be a very common problem either due to the anxiety or the medication to alleviate the condition. I'm one of the lucky ones who sleeps well but I've been using a lightbox to regulate my seratonin and, placebo or not, it seems to work.

Look forward to reading your posts and again, welcome.

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Piglet
01-12-06, 13:50
Hi dandylion,

A big welcome to the site :)

It can be hard if you have a good long spell of feeling fine and then you have a little blip - I know exactly what you mean!

I think as regards the sleep is it worth chatting to your doctor to have a very short spell of sleeping tabs. Or perhaps trying a herbal tablet if you prefer. In the meantime try not to worry about it, the body will sleep when it absolutely has to, so only go to bed when you really are sleepy and don't lie there worrying about not sleeping, as then you don't stand a cat in hells chance of sleeping.

If you are truly not sleepy do something else till you are and then return to bed.

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

PanickyPolly
01-12-06, 13:52
Hi dandylion,

don't feel guilty about being depressed and anxious you can't help it and thre's nothing you can do to turn it off...I mean if you could you would hav done it by now. That's not to say you cant get over it...you can...I believe we all can...even me lol. I don't sleep properly really either. I tend to wake up a few hours early then can't get back off. Either that or I over sleep which feels even worse. Anyway welcome aboard.

dandylion
01-12-06, 15:51
Thanks very much for the warm welcome, I've been fearful of the fear over the past few weeks but I know what I have to do, in the words of Clare Weeks- face, accept and float! I find it just takes a bit of practice sometimes and it's always harder with a lack of sleep. I did go down the sleeping tablet route a few years back but it didn't really help, I find like Nigel says I just have to treat it as an inconvenience and get on with things as best as I can until I feel less fearful. Anyway I'm rambling again now but thanks again for your replies! x

mick
01-12-06, 16:23
hi Dandy
welcome onboard your allready started your recovery by joining n.m.p we are here to help you with advice and compassion as we all know what its like to have this awfull condition called panic,anxiety,deppresion etc, remember your not alone
mick

yorkylover
01-12-06, 16:28
Hi dandylion,welcome to no panic.You will get lots of support here and helpful advise.;)

Ellen XX

Jason37
01-12-06, 17:19
Another hello and welcome.
This is a supportive site that helped me very much in my time.
There is also lots of information scattered over the site.
I find Melissa tea (a herbal tea) last thing at night is calming, with a spoon of honey in.
That's a gentle kind of remedy, I don't know how extensive or intense the causes of your sleeplessness - it wouldn't have helped me during my divorce! Lol...
Just go easy on yourself. A night or two of little sleep is unlikely to harm you. But be aware you are functioning less than optimally, especially around the little one. Get help from anyone and anywhere you can to make your life and day easier. Be as KIND to yourself as you possibly can. Even in little ways - long hot baths after the little one's asleep.
If you can get some exercise going that's a big help to sleeping too. I took up running which was very good.
Best of luck and you have lots of support here - stick around!
Big hugs
Jase

honeybee3939
01-12-06, 18:05
Hi Dandylion(love the name)

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

kittykat
02-12-06, 09:31
Hi there dandylion,
A warm welcome to the site, i'm sure you'll find it a great support.

take care
shirley xx

trac67
02-12-06, 11:02
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:56
Hi Dandylion

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel