PDA

View Full Version : New to this malarky

luckygirl1
03-04-14, 10:13
Hello everyone
On the surface I am viewed as an extremely happy and optimistic person. However I am almost always anxious about all sorts of things. My worst anxiety is health related. In the past I have self diagnosed bowel cancer, melanoma, ovarian cancer to name but a few. There have been A and e visits, private doctor visits etc. I seem to be able to keep things under control for a while ( still worried but coping) I have just returned from my GP who has told me that a mole on my back is completely harmless. He knows me of old and said that he would refer me to a skin clinic if that was what I wanted. I'm torn between going and not going. One part of me would like 100% reassurance and another part of me would probably go off the scale with anxiety at the thought of attending. This is just a small selection of my worries. I know this behaviour is destructive but I seem unable to stop it
Thanks for reading this

Humly
03-04-14, 10:36
Welcome luckygirl1. This is a great place and you will find lots of support and advice here. Its good to know you are not alone.

Mark13
03-04-14, 18:13
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.