PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and a plea for help with jobs.

FIONA.T
01-12-06, 13:36
Hello all, This is my first time here. Bit nervous, but here goes.
I have problems with crowds, busy places, frightened to leave the house on my own. Poor husband, bless him, has to take me everywhere,but he's great. Have suffered badly with depression (traumatic past, and work related stress added to all that), which has meant that working has been difficult for the last few years. I thought I only really needed to deal with the "fear" of leaving the house, but its becoming apparent, that a part of me just doesn't want to anymore. At least not on a regular basis. Had a lot of stress to deal with since I was a child, uncertainty and ever-changing harrowing situations, and I think Im just craving peace and quiet now, at home with my hubby. He works. I have recently started designing and producing handmade cards, gift tags, boxes and other items for a friends website, although have been crafting for a number of years now.
The problem I have, is that I need to be earning some money, I hate having lost my earning power and some of my independence, and not being able to contribute to the household.
So, sorry for the long-winded waffling on, but I wondered, is there anyone out there who knows how to get employment at home? I obviously don't want to be scammed, but surely there must be some way to earn money from home legitimately mustn't there?? I have trawled the internet looking for genuine sites or links to working at home but to no avail. Its really disappointing and disheartening. Why is no-one providing help in this way?

I have worked in admin for years, ran a post office for 4 years as a sub-postmistress, won awards for excellent customer service and will do anything legitimate.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN HELP, DONT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME. Any suggestions or links/contacts will be gratefully received.

HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS AND LOOK FORWARD TO SPEAKING TO YOU. XXX
Fiona. xxx

LickeyEndBlues
01-12-06, 14:12
Hi Fiona,

Welcome to NMP. There is a lot of help, support and advice in here. There will be people who will directly be able to relate to what you have said.

The site admins usually post links to specific posts which realte to what you say, but using th esearch facility in here might be of assistance.

Take care and remember you are not alone in here.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

clickaway
01-12-06, 15:15
Welcome to the site Fiona,

It might be useful to read and make contact with people contributing to the Craft Forum thread here CRAFT FORUM........ (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15091)

Have you sought any help to get yourself out of the house on your own?

I know December isn't the best time to start, but are you able to at least take a few steps outside to begin a regime to overcome these fears?

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

manmoor
01-12-06, 15:32
Hi Fiona,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Ma Larkin
01-12-06, 15:53
Hi Fiona, in my local papers they are always advertising for "homeworkers", where you pack things like nail kits (or things that can be used for stocking fillers etc), or even stuffing envelopes. The money isn't that clever, but its a start in getting you active and who knows, taking your mind off things might lessen your anxiety. I worked from home for a few years, doing accounts, mainly for friends and friends of friends etc. I didn't charge much, but have you thought of doing a course from home or on-line in a subject that you really enjoy and maybe advertising youself?

Just a thought. Hope you find something.

Les

yorkylover
01-12-06, 16:25
Hi Fiona,and welcome.You will get lots of support here and helpful advise.;)

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
01-12-06, 18:01
Hi Fiona,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way!

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

trac67
02-12-06, 11:11
Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

I work from home and found my job through the local free paper, so keep an eye out in there.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:54
Hi Fiona

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel