PDA

View Full Version : CBT Not Working

magpie253
03-04-14, 16:19
Hi,
I am a newbie, and I posted to the General Anxiety forum yesterday, and TESSAR replied, but today they took down my post because I guess I didn't follow the rules about posting here as a newbie first.

So here we go again....I have suffered from work-related performance anxiety for the past 10 years, and have seen CBT therapists who specialize in anxiety, but the CBT doesn't seem to work for me (I have tried mindful breathing and challenging my thoughts, especially, plus some repetition exercises to "reprogram" my brain)

I have had better luck with acupuncture. But I stopped the acupuncture when my anxiety became more manageable, and now have restarted it again since my anxiety has gotten very intense. I was wondering what others think of CBT. I continue to see my same CBT therapist to work on self esteem which is the root cause of my anxiety. I also want to know what successful methods people have used to cope with intense morning anxiety. I have tried a number of things with little success. It will take a while for the acupuncture to show some effect, and I am on the brink of a breakdown. I'd appreciate any suggestions for coping. :weep:

nomorepanic
03-04-14, 17:19
Hi

Your post is still there - it was moved to the CBT forum.

We never delete posts but do move them to more suitable forums.

Hope that helps.

magpie253
03-04-14, 17:42
Thanks, Nicola.