PDA

View Full Version : Am I kidding myself?

ChilliChocolate
03-04-14, 18:28
I have been on cit 10mg now for over 3 weeks. I have felt what feels like every side effect available and they have changed every few days.

The past few days I have had increased anxiety which have come in waves. I'm ok controlling them; for me it's the dizziness that I find difficulty with. Almost instantly my heart races, I start to shake and I have to remind myself that I'm ok. It can be rather exhausting.

Went to the GP yesterday to talk about increasing to 20mg. We had a good discussion but I am really leaning towards finding my own coping strategies for the anxiety. GP appeared genuinely supportive of this and felt that with time, a healthy diet and counselling, this anxiety will pass.

What I'd like to ask please to all those who are on or have used cit, by 3 weeks shouldn't the physiological symptoms have subsided by now? In truth I do have a bit of health anxiety and an increase to 20mg, I really can't be doing with any more changes to my body. A part of me would rather face this 'thing' head on and be rid of it. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

C x

Marty_67
03-04-14, 21:33
Hi CC, lots of posts on here about SEs (side effects).

Took me about 8 weeks to get rid of most of the SEs and feel better.

Hang in there, it really is quite a journey.

ChilliChocolate
04-04-14, 08:54
Thanks so much for your response Marty. 8 weeks?! Wow, you really persevered with it. I am glad that you found light at the end of the tunnel.

DELIBY99
04-04-14, 10:26
Yes, 8 weeks is really the minimum. I would describe it as a dimmer switch, it gets better very gradually. I had very bad anxiety and depression when i started taking CIT . I was given 20MG straight away and it wreeked havoc with my body. Similar to you I had every side effect going. My dose was adjusted to 30MG for a short period and then back to 20MG. Hang on in there. It does get better. Take exercise, eat well, keep busy. It takes strenght to get through this but tell yourself it will all pass.

dafni
05-04-14, 12:44
Im on the 2nd month, i also had many s.e., now only nausea s left every single day and im not feeling happy at all..altho i have all the reasons to be, this pill vrainwashed me, i think i ll stop it soon.

Marty_67
05-04-14, 22:10
Nausea was and still is a problem for me too which means that I am eating more to cope.

But I do feel so much better in myself :)