PDA

View Full Version : Constant palpitations at night. Keeping me awake.

Jsp
03-04-14, 19:32
Hi everyone,

I suffer from palpitations 24/7, but these are a lot worse after laying down. I've noticed they do not start as soon as I lay down, but maybe about 20-30 minutes after. By this point I'm feeling drowsy and about to fall asleep - then the palps seem to start! I didn't sleep until 6am last night, and 7am the night before as they've been extra bad the past few nights. It's really getting me down as I just want to have a good nights sleep for once. Sometimes they're actually painful :(

It doesn't matter what side I'm laying on, it still happens. I had an ECG done about two years ago which came back fine, although I wasn't having palps at the time of the test, and an echocardiogram which also came back fine.

I do suffer from anxiety, but I'm not necessarily experiencing any more anxiety right now than I usually do.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to stop it? :(

Lilharry
03-04-14, 21:34
You could try a magnesium supplement as palpitations are common sign of magnesium deficiency.

nomorepanic
03-04-14, 22:13
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.