PDA

View Full Version : Horse Tranquillisers

Jaco45er
03-04-14, 19:44
Read this is the news today, although Ketamine is a banned Class B substance, makes for interesting reading:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/sarah-knapton/10740373/Horse-tranquilliser-Ketamine-could-cure-severe-depression.html

Catherine S
03-04-14, 20:29
Saw this also in the daily mail..interesting.

Jaco45er
03-04-14, 20:48
Just as long as there is no "why the long face?" Jokes

Catherine S
03-04-14, 20:59
:D

yenool
03-04-14, 21:09
Read this is the news today, although Ketamine is a banned Class B substance, makes for interesting reading:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/sarah-knapton/10740373/Horse-tranquilliser-Ketamine-could-cure-severe-depression.html

For the papers to highlight that it is a "banned class B drug" or whatever is very misleading though. Ketamine is already used in medicine for emergency pain relief, anaesthesia, etc. This is just a trial testing a 'new' use of the drug and really shouldn't be so controversial.

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-14, 04:50
I didn't see the point of them pointing out that this drug is class B. As Yenool said, it's commonly used by emergency doctors. Probably just covering themselves I guess.

From reading the comments from Rupert McShane, it reminded of that film 'Awakenings' with Robin Williams and Rovert DeNiro!

It saves being plugged into the grid though.

Perhaps when I take my dog down the vets next time, we can have a double appointment :roflmao:

---------- Post added at 04:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 ----------

Just as long as there is no "why the long face?" Jokes

Is the street slang for these 'Camilla's'? :D

---------- Post added at 04:50 ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 ----------

During the study, 38 patients with severe depression were treated over three weeks. 30 per cent saw their depressive symptoms lessen by 50 per cent while one in eight had complete remission.

I'll have £20 on the nose at 8-1 please Jaco! :D

Cú Chulainn
11-04-14, 05:16
There are already a few pharma's trialling these drugs now like GLYX-13.

blue moon
11-04-14, 07:28
I'll have £20 on the nose at 8-1 please Jaco! :D[/QUOTE]

I am off to races tomorrow will put bet on for you Terry,there maybe horse named Camilla:winks:

MyNameIsTerry
13-04-14, 08:13
I'll have £20 on the nose at 8-1 please Jaco! :D

I am off to races tomorrow will put bet on for you Terry,there maybe horse named Camilla:winks:[/QUOTE]

C'mon then Petra, where are my winnings? Let me guess, Camilla was a 3 legged blind house who ran the wrong way around the course, got put down...and so did the jockey! :D

Did you have a nice day out?

blue moon
13-04-14, 12:14
I did not go Terry,it was raining heavy and very windy,we had to prepare for cyclone. Yep Camilla is an ole blind nag,and the jockey?...well .:D

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-14, 01:05
How did it go Petra? Did it do much damage to your area?

blue moon
15-04-14, 11:20
It was not too bad,very strong wind ànd heavy rain,trees down lost power and lot of water around,now the sun is out and we have lot of mozzies......grrrr. We prepare every year for cyclones Terry it is part of living in North Queensland....x