PDA

View Full Version : Mirt with Seroxat help please.

BikerMatt
03-04-14, 19:51
I saw a new GP today and have been prescribed mirt 15mg to take alongside my seroxat which I have been on for 8 years in the hope of decreasing whilst increasing the mirt overtime. I will be staying on my 30mg of seroxat for now until I go back to the GP in 2 weeks. This has all been brought about as I have now been in a terrible severe anxiety state for nearly a month and off work for 2 weeks now. ANY EXPERIENCES AND SUPPORT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED THANKS.

aprilmoon
03-04-14, 20:12
Hi Biker Matt.
I was on Seroxat a few years ago and have been on Mirt 30 for 3 days after being on the 15 for to weeks,this time with efexor.I've been horrendously anxious as well.

keggsy
03-04-14, 21:30
15mg is quite low fr depression so hang in there and expect improvements as you increase dose. Bound to be some ups and downs along the way.

BikerMatt
03-04-14, 22:49
Thanks to you both. I'm really starting panic now as I will be taking my first dose soon.

aprilmoon
03-04-14, 22:55
Do you have to be up early for work or anything tomorrow?

BikerMatt
03-04-14, 23:07
Do you have to be up early for work or anything tomorrow?

No I'm taking time off at the mo.

aprilmoon
03-04-14, 23:14
Its just that the 15mg can make you tired.I used to have to sleep about 20mins after I'd taken it or I would have dropped off where I was.The morning after you can feel tired.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Are you staying on the 15mg or just seeing how you go?

BikerMatt
03-04-14, 23:24
Its just that the 15mg can make you tired.I used to have to sleep about 20mins after I'd taken it or I would have dropped off where I was.The morning after you can feel tired.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Are you staying on the 15mg or just seeing how you go?

I'm seeing how I go until I see the GP again in 2 weeks. I'm worried about the chance it may increase my anxiety as a side effect. Do you take any other meds with mirt?

xrachykinsx
03-04-14, 23:28
Hi Matt,

Mirtazapine is quite good at providing some 'instant' relief from anxiety. The first morning after I had taken it...wow...I felt so relieved. I had a great nights sleep, and I felt happy. It's one of the quicker working antidepressants and although I'm having a slight bit of trouble on my 45mg dose..it's been mainly good and side effect free. I don't think it's a common side effect to increase anxiety with mirtazapine. Only really one way to find out if you'll follow the side effect free crowd...and that's to just take it. 15mg should send you to sleep quite quickly initially...it gets better though. You might struggle to wake up properly the first few days. I started on 30mg and the drowsy morning after feeling disappeared after just 3days for me. If you're longing for a good nights sleep...you'll certainly get it with mirtazapine xx

aprilmoon
03-04-14, 23:31
I take venlafaxine in the morning,that's been tapered down the way Seroxat has been with you.I don't think it will make you more anxious.The first morning after taking 15mg I felt as high as a kite :D it wore off as the day went on.Strangely enough,the 30mg doesn't seem to make you drop off as quick.I've only been on 30mg for 4 nights.

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Good luck with it.Let's know how you get on tomorrow.

xrachykinsx
03-04-14, 23:39
Its true...mirt is less sedating at higher doses...but that being said...it still helps you nod off...even at 45mg :) xx

BikerMatt
03-04-14, 23:40
Thanks Rachykins and Aprilmoon:D the prob is I googled mirt and it gives you bad stories aswell as the good. Yeah the GP said it would help my sleep, I'm normally up at 4am for work but for the last 2 weeks I'm still laying awake at gone that time.

xrachykinsx
03-04-14, 23:50
I know...googling medication is always a bad idea! Think of it like this: people are more inclined to write bad things about it than good. Most people that take and get on with it....don't think twice about writing online...just like holiday reviews...you'd be more compelled to write a bad one than a good one xx

BikerMatt
04-04-14, 00:07
I know...googling medication is always a bad idea! Think of it like this: people are more inclined to write bad things about it than good. Most people that take and get on with it....don't think twice about writing online...just like holiday reviews...you'd be more compelled to write a bad one than a good one xx

Agreed thankyou:D the first mirt is down the hatch:wacko:

xrachykinsx
04-04-14, 08:30
Let us know how you get on :) x

BikerMatt
04-04-14, 20:53
Well took my first at midnight, felt groggy by 00.40 went to bed at 01.00 and asleep by 01.30 and apart from going to the toilet twice, I never woke until my girlfriend woke me at 18.15:wacko::wacko::wacko: still feel groggy now:wacko::wacko: how long do these symptoms last please.

keggsy
04-04-14, 21:39
Drowsiness soon wore off for me worse luck.
That was a mega kip matt.

BikerMatt
04-04-14, 21:54
Drowsiness soon wore off for me worse luck.
That was a mega kip matt.

Yep one hell of a kip:wacko::wacko::wacko:
When you say the drowsiness wore off do you mean during the day or totally?

keggsy
04-04-14, 21:59
For me, they used to help me sleep for the first few nights of each different dose, then as brain got used to it, that effect wore off.
I am not drowsy in day from them, just tired sometimes from poor sleep.

xrachykinsx
06-04-14, 21:48
Drowsiness wore off after about 3-5days for me...but continued to help me sleep every night without fail. I am more tolerant of the sedative effects now. I will take my tablet at 10pm and can stay up until midnight if I really want to...just I still manage to get off to sleep okay when I do go. I was so worried before I started taking mirt that I would never spend time with hubby or I wouldn't hear my son if he woke in the night..but it's been totally perfect really in the way of sleep for me. Hang in there..I didn't find the grogginess too much of a problem, I know some people do struggle..but it's worth holding on..because it will pass and then apart from that you shouldn't get many side effects xxx

BikerMatt
06-04-14, 22:36
Drowsiness wore off after about 3-5days for me...but continued to help me sleep every night without fail. I am more tolerant of the sedative effects now. I will take my tablet at 10pm and can stay up until midnight if I really want to...just I still manage to get off to sleep okay when I do go. I was so worried before I started taking mirt that I would never spend time with hubby or I wouldn't hear my son if he woke in the night..but it's been totally perfect really in the way of sleep for me. Hang in there..I didn't find the grogginess too much of a problem, I know some people do struggle..but it's worth holding on..because it will pass and then apart from that you shouldn't get many side effects xxx

Thanks for that, it's good to know the sedative effect will pass.

xrachykinsx
06-04-14, 22:40
How do you feel now you've taken a couple of tablets? Did you feel any relief initially at all? xx

BikerMatt
06-04-14, 22:49
How do you feel now you've taken a couple of tablets? Did you feel any relief initially at all? xx
Yeah definitely not as drowsy today as the first couple of days. As for the anxiety side I think I feel a little calmer. How are you getting on with your Mirt?

xrachykinsx
07-04-14, 13:53
Glad to hear it. Don't worry if you have ups and downs during first month. I found myself very up and down for ages. I'm 2weeks into 45mg and not feeling too bad :)

BikerMatt
07-04-14, 21:12
Glad to hear it. Don't worry if you have ups and downs during first month. I found myself very up and down for ages. I'm 2weeks into 45mg and not feeling too bad :)

Thanks:D glad you aren't feeling to bad:D I have felt like sh:blush:t today thought it was to good to be true for my anxiety to be calmer after 3 tabs:mad:

xrachykinsx
07-04-14, 21:26
Take it in your stride matey. I know its hard but it really is a gradual thing. Patience is the worst when you're an anxiety sufferer!! Learn to accept that biatch that is anxiety....it will get better xx