PDA

View Full Version : fear of leaving house help?

peter245
03-04-14, 20:40
i really need some help to stop this an grow up!!
i Had moderate/pretty bad General anxiety (thoughts)or it was OCD
i'm 15 and really want to improve social awkwardness and communication
their is a mall that's like 15 minutes away by walking
i am really sick of staying home the weekends!! school break
today its friday and i really wanted to face this obstacle but i just can't
when i am alone when i gotta go to the damn gas station which is like ''3' minutes away literally.. i get feelings of anxiousness those butterflies and eep breathing then my thoughts kick in
'so scared' get me out of this situation now
only 2 minutes till i get home'...
after that i feel happy, and also i feel really nervous talking to a girl that is pretty attractive, my confidence is okay my self-esteem is goo i know that i am cute but still seek that extra approval ''validation'' just to hear something goo to increase my self-worth, the point is i wanna leave the house and not stay with technology an no friends i'm 81 killograms i don't wanna be obese in the next 4-5 years or so.. everybody have a safe weekend don't drive drunk happy easter soon!! cheers

Ryan92
07-04-14, 01:20
Hi peter, are you seeing a therapist or counsellor ? this will really help with your confidence and help you deal with your anxiety :) Medication helps too, if you feel you can, go and see your doctor and talk to them about it :) ( if you haven't already ) its tough but you're not the only one :hugs:

You sound just like I was when I was 15. You do really well to go for a walk to the gas station, when I was 12-13 I never used to go out of the house at all, only when going to school.

Hope you feel better soon :shades: happy easter to you too :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
07-04-14, 03:01
I think you should talk to you doctor to get some therapy to help you. It sounds more like Agoraphobia, perhaps combined with social anxiety.

Exposure Response Prevention therapy is one way to deal with getting out. It aims to habituate you to the trigger by staying in it longer and longer as time goes by. Something to remember is that exposure panic fluctuates so you can feel bad, then it eases but then after a while it rises and falls again. This is why the duration is important.

Have you discussed this with your parents?

It might be wiser to tackle being outside before you tackle the more isolated issue of talking to the opposite sex as you may feel more relaxed and able to tackle it by then.

Anxious_gal
07-04-14, 03:19
I often get anxious leaving the house but I find once I start walking I calm down.

Having music to listen to really helps and some water and something to chew on like gum or sweets. They say chewing tricks your brain because you can't be eating and be in danger at the same time.

You need CBT therapy, you have to learn how to cope with the anxiety and panic attacks.

The more you leave the house the easier it gets. Try leaving a few times every day. Take note of how you feel and what you are thinking. Think of what you would say to a friend in the same situation.

It's good to learn how to talk yourself through it :)

I'mdave27
14-04-14, 13:31
I live in a rough area and it's hard leaving the house