PDA

View Full Version : Few Small success's

Caz Fab Pants
28-07-04, 17:43
Never been brave enough to post in here before but decided that the few small achievements I've made can be labelled as success's so here goes.

I'll try to keep it brief and hope that you understand that these are things that a few weeks ago I would of either struggled to do or avoided doing all together.

1.) Had yard sale which meant lots of sorting out, throwing out, organising, designing and putting up posters and then having to sit on drive for 4hrs talking to strangers. Only made £30 but felt a great sense of achievement because I got rid of loads of junk and saw the project through from start to finish.

2.) Took car for MOT and service which meant walking home from garage and then back again to pick it. Not an especially long walk but things like this sometimes make me uncomfortable because I know I HAVE to do it or I wont have a car!!

3.) Organised to go to a friends house for the afternoon with the kids which I knew would be hectic as we have 5 children between us. Then despite having a bad day and coming close to cancelling, I went round, felt uncomfy but stuck it out and had a good time.

4.) Been wanting to go back on the pill for ages as don't fancy anymore little monsters, at least not for a while!! But have panicked the last 2times I've been to the surgery for other reasons so have been putting it off. Decided to book appointment and felt completely fine the whole time I was there which I was really pleased about. [:I]

5.) Had 3 work men in to lay my new lino in the hall way and utility room which is on the ground floor by the front door (I'm in town house so live on 3levels.) It was quite a big job which involved cutting down doors and unplumbing the washing machine etc. This meant I was unable to go out for about 2hrs and was effectively trapped with both kids and 3strangers. However I was fine and carried on as normal.

So all in all a good few days :) I haven't moved mountains but I'm chipping away at small issues which have been niggling at the back of my mind.

Hoping that all this is going to help me tackle the meet [:O]

Caroline
x

sarah
28-07-04, 18:11
Hiya Caz

WOW Matey!!!!!!

Im really impressed with you, thats a lot of stuff to have done and I know how it must have made you feel but do you have a glowing sense of achievement now??????...I hope so!!!!

Its definately better to chip away slowly and suceed than to try and do too much in one go and not manage well and feel a failure!!!!!

take care and I really hope to see you at the meet up!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
28-07-04, 18:40
Dear Caroline,

All definate worthy of posting about . So glad you went and met a friend and had some company and someone to chat with.

How wonderful to have succeeded in a declutter. Most people talk about one but don't ever follow through with it so double thumbs up.

What a productive time from you when only a short time ago sleeping was top of your list of activities.

Very well done and all in relative comfort . Huge bonus !

Practice makes progress.

Meg

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

sal
28-07-04, 19:24
Hi Caroline

Well done mate.

Great to read such a positive post. You have got some major achievements there and should be really proud of yourself.

I hope this carries on hon.

Love Sal xxx

Caz Fab Pants
02-08-04, 21:19
Thanks ladies.

Feel bit silly reading this so-called success story after posting up about my naff weekend. I seem to be very unpredictable these days and never feel sure about where I am exactly, progress wise that is.

Its all very strange but think its alot to do with the Lustral. I dont want to go into one but it has changed the way my body reacts when I'm panicking, its bizzare.

Anyway, going to keep my chin up, keep busy and even considering changing my eating habits to stop me being such a fast food junkie!

Caroline :)
x

jo-jo
05-08-04, 20:49
Caroline

FANTASTIC NEWS :D:D:D

I am so chuffed for you hon, you have done absolutely brilliantly. These are all real achievement and as you say, just a few weeks ago you were so down that you couldn't even face the housework!

Don't worry about having up and down days, we all do. The important thing is you're starting to have some good ones and that can only be good news.

Take care, lots of love Jo xxx