PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really down today.

Lyndsey
01-12-06, 16:02
Hi everyone,

I am feeling so bad today. Hubby and I had a fight so I dont want to talk to him. I have been having thoughts latly that really scare me and make me totally depressed. Nobody understands me.[V] I try to talk to my mother and she just puts it off like nothing is wrong. I have had thoughts of suicide but then I look at my kids and I think I could never do that. My heart just aches and I feel so alone. I still wake up in the morning with my heart pounding. I went to the doc yesterday and he put me on a different med called Luvox. Its for all three depression, anxiety, and OCD for my unwanted thoughts. I wish I could go back to my normal self. I am so tried of feeling like this.[V]

I am so glad to have someone to talk to who goes through the same things I do.

yorkylover
01-12-06, 16:38
Hi Lyndsey,sorry to hear your going through a bad patch.We all have rows pet.Its hard for families to understand us anxious and depressed people unless they have been there to.your kids love you,and would be devastated if anything happened to you.Give the new meds a chance to kick in,and you will probably feel a bit better.;)

Ellen XX

Piglet
01-12-06, 16:49
Lyndsey,

I'm sorry to hear you feel so down, hopefully this won't be for long and your new tablets will kick in soon. I don't know how long as I don't know much about medication but maybe someone else will be along soon that could offer advice.

In the meantime what sort of things do you enjoy and do you think you could manage even 5 mins doing them, as a way of distraction.

When I first had anxiety I didn't want to do anything cos I felt so ill but I found if I could do one small task here and there it was all a step in the right direction. I quite enjoyed doing things that made me feel better about myself physically, like spending time painting my toenails.

This isn't quite so trite and shallow as it may sound cos grooming ourselves is an act of self caring and made me feel a little less uncared for thus helpng me mentally. Gradually each little task I did I could spend longer and longer doing and forgot just for a few mins how crap I was feeling.

Rest assured hun this is a passing thing and you won't feel like it forever.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

devonrichardm
01-12-06, 20:29
Sorry to hear you feel so down Lyndsey. I know what you mean about no one understanding you, I feel as if everyone misunderstands me. I hate being misunderstood. I keep getting these terrible unwanted thoughts. I feel so empty and really numb and zombie like. I just wish I could wake up tomorrow and just feel like me. Isn't depression just so frustrating.

Lyndsey
01-12-06, 20:52
I guess we are feeling the exact same way devonrichardm. I hate it!

Thank you to everyone else I am feeling a little better now.

I am so glad to have someone to talk to who goes through the same things I do.