PDA

View Full Version : WATER

jill
01-12-06, 16:36
Easy Stress Reduction Technique

Go get a big cup or a bottle of water.

Here's why...

Most of us fail to drink enough water - that's water - not tea, coffee, coke, 'sports' drinks, Red Bull or fruit juice...

All of your organs, including your brain, are strongly dependent on water to function properly. It's how we are built.

If you starve your body of water you will function below your best - and you will get stressed. Physically and mentally.

Offices and workplaces commonly have a very dry atmosphere due to air conditioning, etc., which increases people's susceptibility to de-hydration.

This is why you must keep your body properly hydrated by regularly drinking water (most people need 4-8 glasses of water a day).

You will drink more water if you keep some on your desk at all times - it's human nature to drink it if it's there - so go get some now.

When you drink water you need to pee. This gives you a bit of a break and a bit of exercise now and then, which also reduces stress.

When you pee you can see if your body is properly hydrated (your pee will be clear or near clear - if it's yellow you are not taking enough water).

This will also prompt some amusing discussion and chuckling with your colleagues ("Nature calls - I'm off to the bog again...") which is also good for reducing stress.

You do not need to buy expensive mineral water. Tap water is fine.

If you do not like the taste of tap water it's probably because of the chlorine (aquarium fish don't like it either), however the chlorine dissipates quite naturally after a few hours - even through a plastic bottle - so keep some ordinary tap water in the fridge for 2-3 hours and try it then.

If you want to be really exotic add a slice of lemon or lime. Kiwi and sharon fruit are nice too...

JILLXX

pips
01-12-06, 21:11
Thanks for that Jill hun. Tis so True! Cheers and bottoms up to water![Yeah!][^]

Take Care,;)

Love Pips' X X X X

Pippa.

normalwisdom
01-12-06, 21:21
Thanks Jill

Water is my life line I can't go out without it so my anx is making me healthier I spose lol :D

Steph

Lindalou64
02-12-06, 01:04
thanks for the tip....i do drink much water but more in summer but will try and force more was my plan anyways for my diet:(
tc xx Linda[8D]

h-lo
11-01-07, 14:13
Thanks for the advice.

I find it helpful to carry a bottle of water when I'm out & about so if I feel some panic coming on I take a drink and it definitely calms me down, maybe cos it's a distraction. Chewing gum helps to calm me down too.

Krakers
11-01-07, 15:37
Hi Jill - good advice.

I drink about 3 litres of water a day. I gave up Caffeine and Sugar a while ago and since then its been water all the way. It hasn't reduced my anxiety any, but I also haven't had a bad PA recently either. Can't say whether this is the water or the absence of sugar and caffeine.

h-lo and Steph I can certainly agree with you both. I get that funny swallowing thing when I'm anxious and I take a bottle of water practically everywhere with me. While it doesn't stop me being anxious it helps with one of my biggest problems, not being able to swallow.

Krakers.

Dave777
11-01-07, 18:11
Thanks Jill, we have water at Work, it's passed by the management:)x

groovygranny
11-01-07, 21:19
I wholeheartedly agree with the importance of drinking plenty of water.

However when I tried this............

"You will drink more water if you keep some on your desk at all times - it's human nature to drink it if it's there - so go get some now."

It unfortunatley lead to an excess of this..............

When you drink water you need to pee. This gives you a bit of a break and a bit of exercise now and then, which also reduces stress."

...and I found that I was 'exercising' more than I was sat at my desk [:O]!

Ah well....such are the joys of grannyhood [:P] !!

Seriously though, it's very good advice......and the product is free :)!
(er, the tap water that is!)

Thanks for that Jill!

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Piglet
11-01-07, 23:32
I'm going to make a point of remembering this - I do in the summer cos I am naturally more thirsty but it gets a bit lost in the winter. Also gives your skin back a bit of perkiness!!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

jill
03-02-13, 00:10
Hi All :D:D:D:D

This is an old thread, but just thought I would pop it back out there:yesyes:

WISHING YOU ALL WELL

JILL XXX

ashb
07-02-13, 17:29
yeah I need to drink more again great advice :)