PDA

View Full Version : appendicitis, scared please help?

kayleighb22
04-04-14, 16:48
I started on weds night with a pain in my lower right abdomen near my hip and my stomach at the same side. I keep feeling like I am getting stabbing pains in my hip and my back feels like I have been kicked. I went to see the nurse, I was worried it was my appendix. She took a water sample and felt my stomach. She said that I have blood and mild infection in my urine so gave me a short course of antibiotics for 3 days. I feel very nauseous and I have no appetite at all, I haven't eaten since Thursday morning and I'm still not hungry.
My question is if it was appendicitis would the nurse have been able to tell, and have done more than given me antibiotics? and can I mild water urine infection cause me to feel like this? I also seem to be bleeding bright red blood when I have a bowel movement.

bingjam
04-04-14, 17:41
Im sorry I cant give you much advice but I hope you feel better soon..

But the bleeding bright red blood doesnt seem right to me, maybe because when I had a water infection there was only the slightest bit of blood which was barely noticable, and I also only had the pain when I weed and it was sometimes in my lower back...
Also my appetite was normal and didnt feel nauseous

I doubt its appendicitis but maybe get a second opinion from another doctor to make yourself reassured

Xx

Fishmanpa
04-04-14, 17:48
Bright red blood upon a poo session is most typically a small tear or piles. Pretty common when you strain or are constipated.

Positive thoughts

bingjam
04-04-14, 18:19
Sorry I misread where the blood was coming from, thought you meant when you were weeing...